• Page:

Topic

Pride of Longbridge 6 years 14 hours ago #184993

• SundanceUK's Avatar Topic Author
  • SundanceUK
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
  • MG TF 160 owner in Staffordshire
I attended my first Pride of Longbridge yesterday.
Although it was stunted by the waterlogged park, and people had to park on the road outside the factory, I had a most enjoyable time.
The day was fine and sunny, short sleeves and roof down made the event even better.
A few of us met up under the banner of the MGF Register Central group beforehand, so we had a bit of a convoy into Cofton.

Only managed to bump into one chap from the forum and he was an infrequent visitor but he had a lovely silver 80th anniversary model with a grenadine interior. But there were many lovely TF's and F's there. This Sunspot yellow TF was just gawjuss!

As was this one in I am thinking the ultrarare Aurora, but I may be wrong and its Orange grove!

On the subject of Orange, this LE500 was also eye-catching, even with the tin lid on!

Of course it was not just the TF and F's that were represented, and a Monogram area was in place for models right across the Marque...

But my personal fave was this V8 ZT-T in shot silk. It had a Roose supercharger fitted upping the output to a hefty 360 Horses. One of a kind in this colour and absolutely immaculate. I want it!

This F had been modified for off-roading, with mega raised ride height and what looked like 19" rims, plus not shown is some serious under protection.

My very first TF was a Solar red 135, and I have always had a soft spot for the colour....so I was much taken by this one!

MGFnTFbitz owner and top guy Darren Hardy's F always looks amazing. Bitz is my first choice for parts being only a hour from me, and its always a pleasure to see Daz's F out and about!

Ruth Evan's TF always has something new done to it every time I see it, either a new colour, front end, bonnet, steering wheel or interior mods.
These wheels were done in a special colour just for her!

Of course no post would be complete without a shot of the hallowed ground that spawned our beloved marque....here is how it looks now..

And finally, always an excuse to get a picture of yours truly's motor on the forum...here is Shadow. Many people stopped and chatted favourably about my car and its a good feeling when all your hard work is appreciated.

Sundance
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars, Bob, Forrester, John and Sue, Bertl, sworkscooper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by SundanceUK.

Pride of Longbridge 6 years 14 hours ago #184995

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
We planned to attend but Sue has a broken foot and can't walk far in her Robocop splint boot.
Great pics, ta muchly.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..
The following user(s) said Thank You: SundanceUK

Re:RE: Pride of Longbridge 6 years 13 hours ago #184996

I had planned to go, as an ex employee and F owner, I have been to every one for the last five years but as parking was at a premium and I knew there were people coming from overseas I decided to give it a miss and at least let one person take my space, I did drive through later though and there was still a good number there. It does make me sad though to see the place as it is now, I have many happy memories of my 16 years there and especially the F that I spent a few months engineering plant for its launch.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: John and Sue, SundanceUK

Last edit: Post by talkingcars. Reason: edited to remove unnecesserey quote - bandwidth

Re:RE: Pride of Longbridge 6 years 13 hours ago #184997

Great pictures Sundance . I will go to PoL one day .

John
The following user(s) said Thank You: El gordo escoces

Re:RE: Pride of Longbridge 5 years 11 months ago #185003

Thanks Sundance for sharing these pictures for us overseas people to see the great cars that attended PoL. Someday I hope to attend this show.
Mark
95 MGF

Re:RE: Pride of Longbridge 5 years 11 months ago #185005

Looks great, thanks for the photos Sundance. I'll have to get myself there one day.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT