Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MG Longbridge Macmillan coffee morning 9 years 7 months ago #150648

I sent off for some brochures on the mg3 and mg5 some time ago, since then i have received the occasional survey via email. Anyway yesterday i received the following in my in box:

As someone who has shown an interest in our brand, we know you have great taste.

We would therefore love to invite you to our Longbridge site on Friday 26 September to sample the cakes baked by the staff of MG Motor, all in the aid of the Macmillan Coffee Morning.

Our Great MG Bake-Off will begin at 10am and finish at around 12 so feel free to pop in and sample our delights... you might even get to see a car or two...

If you'd like to join us, please click here to register your interest: http://mg.co.uk/mg-macmillan-coffee-morning/?dm_i=SRF,2TFZG,ET7809,A8GLL,1

We look forward to seeing you.

I won't be attending but someone else might be interested, have to admit to being a bit curious about the "you might even see a car or two.."
The following user(s) said Thank You: PQD44, John and Sue

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MG Longbridge Macmillan coffee morning 9 years 7 months ago #150653

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
A worthy cause.

I wonder if the MG cakes will be based chiefly on 1970's baking techniques and using low grade ingredients, or ingredients from other cakes that are almost but not quite fit for purpose. There won't be enough layers of icing either.... Probably.

The lids of the pies will fail catastrophically without warning, releasing boiling gravy. MPF. (Meat Pie Failure)

:coat:
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

MG Longbridge Macmillan coffee morning 9 years 7 months ago #150654

No they will be part baked in China from a recipe designed in Britain and final baking and assembly in Longbridge so a s to receive the made in Britain tag

Re:MG Longbridge Macmillan coffee morning 9 years 7 months ago #150655

Typical... I'm in Taiwan when they send invites out!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT