Sign In   Register

Topic

Pride of Longbridge 11 years 3 weeks ago #114472

Can't let a bit of rain spoil our fun - bring it on!

Rubber mats are now drying ready to be fitted in the morning.
Our wellies are washed and wax jackets are packed...we'll be very 'country set' from Cheshire. :P

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Pride of Longbridge 11 years 3 weeks ago #114474

I might bring a coat...
stevecrx
'98 'F, BRG Poverty Spec Edition
Build Thread

Pride of Longbridge 11 years 3 weeks ago #114552

Had an enjoyable morning, met up with others at Hopwood, got lost leaving Hopwood ! Ok my fault I was leading two others and had lost sight of who was leading !! PaulsMGF and Pink Alison were following, then Paul took over rand got us more lost B)

So out came TomTom from my boot and we arrived all three together, Alison's exhaust sounds great by the way.

We stayed for as long as we could, Caroline was getting cold and my back was killing me.

Still enjoyed it and met a load more people, nice to meet everyone

Now looking fwd to the next run out
"When faced with a choice of two evils, I always pick the one I haven't tried."

Last edit: Post by Tibs.

Pride of Longbridge 11 years 3 weeks ago #114558

Just got back.
The day started great with blue skies and sunshine, so a nice top down drive then we met up with some new faces and nice people at Hopwood.
I think we might of joined a convoy to Longbridge that wasn't meant for us, but at least we didn't get lost and avoided the queues that appeared later on!
Good to see loads of people made the trip and some stunning cars - lots of care & effort gone into their pride & joy.
The rain did finally make an appearance in the afternoon, so we made our excuses and left before getting wet.
Great to put faces to names and have a natter, we even forgot to take photos!

See you all soon.
Rich & Paula

Pride of Longbridge 11 years 3 weeks ago #114608

As previously said, it was another great morning at PoL.
Here are a selection of our photos of the day, hope you enjoy them:

By far, the cleanest F we've ever seen:

https://0h2jcw.blu.livefilestore.com/y1p6Fc9JW6kH-esZ1tt11e__wHtkO0bwgRY3HMm95qP-vK1gVRqtwV1yii6YSqkhdFXTN5xaUXRAXbLlYXKhfspLrM6-D2cBBij/PoL%202013%20002.jpg?psid=1[/img]

And by far...the BIGGEST spoiler we've ever seen!

Great to meet you Whiz - hopefully catch up again some time

Can't quite believe this still isn't finished yet...

Our 8yr old says this was the "coolest" MG he's seen - ours is "Boring" compared to this:

Good to see that Keith Lemon made it despite the rain playing havoc with his hair:

In my best 'Sly and the Family Stone' sing-a-long voice..."It's a family affair.."

(Whens the white one joining you?)

Surprised to see how many high quality Mini's made an appearance:

Must find out where to get one of these stickers for my car:

I have one of these (but the estate version) - mine looks nothing like this, but at least this is 'individual'...

Speaking of 'Individuality'...not even sure WHAT this was!

Still not sure what I think of the new MG, but seemed to be popular with the crowds:

Good to be reminded that MG-Rover were not just responsible for F/TF's but a whole heritage of varied cars throught it's lifetime and great to see that people still cherish them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John and Sue, petetf160

Pride of Longbridge 11 years 3 weeks ago #114615

Great pictures , enjoyed them. Thanks Rich
[IMG]ht[/img]

Pride of Longbridge 11 years 3 weeks ago #114618

Fab pictures! Didn't get there today in the end but been before and saw some very unusual and individual cars.... Glad to see it hasn't changed.... :broon:

Pride of Longbridge 11 years 3 weeks ago #114619

shame it rained in the afternoon but we had a good day... was nice to catch up and have a natter

Re: Pride of Longbridge 11 years 3 weeks ago #114694

The yellow car shown in the POL pics is either an MG Metro 6R4 Group B rally car or possibly a replica. I'm no expert.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT