Topic

Quick question about events, meets etc. 11 years 4 months ago #96304

• Jimuth's Avatar Topic Author
  • Jimuth
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
  • "So, how much is that going to cost?"
Hello

If I have only have time for 1, maybe 2, events this year as an introduction to owning a MG, what would ppl recommend?

When I had my MINIs, we went to quite a few of the shows and found them all to either be a bit samey (the new MINI ones) or a bit niggly (the ones with the classic owners not liking the "BINIs" being present) ...

Are things a bit more interesting on the MG scene because you get to see all the old models as well? Do MGF traders generally appear at most shows? Do clubs tend to park up together?

I'd like to attend the Longbridge show definitely as it's so close.

Cheers
James
Ebay + Nectar = lots of MGF points

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Quick question about events, meets etc. 11 years 4 months ago #96309

I'm fairly new on here as well, best thing is to look at The Events tag and see what type of event or run you fancy.

We did The Surrey Run that was a good mix of all MG's, never been on a run before where you have to follow a map and distances covered. Was a bit of a quick learning curve, but enjoyable and we cheated by following others that knew what they were doing.

Other runs were through the tunnels near Shoreham Airport, good laugh, just MGF/TF's and a Mini a BINI by the way. Good day out nice crowd and a great meal at the Airport.

Best one for me was the Stonehenge run, great countryside, Stonehenge and Avebury, via The White Horse, thats the one on the hill not the pub!! We did end up at The George, Avebury. Again great crowd, lovely pub and as a newbie made to feel welcome.

We have been to the last 4, Pride of Longbridge, again great day out, park up with your mates. We meet up at Hopwood Services and convoy in, bit difficult to park up if you drive in on your own.

So if it were me I'd pick a run, that goes to a interesting location and ends with a meal, so you can chat. I'd book a Stonehenge type one now, as it was well run, interesting stops and time to chat and get to know people.

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT