Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Event Etiquette 11 years 6 months ago #74911

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
A gentle reminder for those that sign up to Events ..

Event organisers go to an awful lot of trouble to arrange a day out for you..

I would appreciate it if you are NOT going to attend, you remove yourself from the list or have the decency to contact the organiser, it is after-all basic manners ..

I understand that things can and do happen, even on the day, that can mess things up, but there is no excuse whatsoever for not contacting someone who is on the run and informing them ..

No shows can result in the run being delayed while everyone waits for you, over booking for food, which on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon is not looked on favorably by the venue due to it being their busiest time, and in the case of popular runs your failure to turn up means someone else could not go ..

Events, runs and meets ..

Before posting PLEASE check their is not one already arranged for that day by one of our own members, although we support all events arranged, our own do come first ..

If posting a F Register event a direct link to their sign up page must be provided..

Please note you must have the permission of the event organiser from whatever site it is, before posting here, and the same goes when posting our events on another forum ..

Thank you

Jan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by .

Re: Event Etiquette 11 years 6 months ago #75200

• Visitor
  • Visitor
I can totally get where you are coming from Jan when people are trying to organise something and people either do not confirm or do not turn up.

This could cause places to refuse to have you there again if they have been let down on numbers which does not give a good name for the group.

Also when going to the effort of organising something for others people should be mindful of that and have enough manners to inform their host if they are not going to attend. After all you would not accept an invite to a dinner party and then simply not show up.

Last edit: Post by .

Re: Event Etiquette 11 years 6 months ago #75214

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
I did remove us from the Cannock run as in not attending due to Sue's ailments, but status still showed as 'attending' did post on the thread that we wouldnt be going also.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Re: Event Etiquette 11 years 6 months ago #75217

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Yes you did John and Thank you :hugs:

Re: Event Etiquette 11 years 6 months ago #75219

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
To be honest, we do have no shows quite often on BP runs and it is no great thing.

Yes it is inconvenient, but we are normally quite flexible anyway so it doesn't cause any major problems.

Life tends to throw up sudden events which probably put any thought of phoning to say you can't make it at the bottom of someones list of priorities.

I would only take a dim view if they were repeat offenders and they didn't have a note from their mum.

After saying that, it's not something I would do to someone who is organising the run, unless it is something very serious that has cropped up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re: Event Etiquette 11 years 6 months ago #75222

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
As said Clive, it's just a gentle reminder, and more to the repeat offenders, manners cost nowt, and of course certain things will happen that put attending a run totally out of your mind and at the bottom of your priorities :yesnod:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT