Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

E Tuning/Modding 9 years 7 months ago #149640

I have been doing some design work recently for my TF, and this week I went to visit a 3D printing firm who are currently doing a costing for me to produce the parts I want. I'm lucky in that i'm only just able to manage to navigate my way around photoshop, but what if your not? Suppose you haven't got the time or your worried about messing it up, Or you can visualize it in your head but can't get it down on paper? Then ladies and Gentlemen I give you virtual tuning! I'm not sure how long it's been around but it seems to be growing. The basic concept is you tell a professional artist/graphics guy, what car you have, what mods your thinking of and they design/draw it for you. I came across the first image by pure chance but have managed to find a few others. See what you think:

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

E Tuning/Modding 9 years 7 months ago #149643

Ok I dont like the blue one but like the wheels them skirts wouldnt last long before they got ripped off .
The white rear bumper and skirts i like however the wheels arent doing it for me.
Blue wheels on the White car.
No pleasing some people.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denial

Last edit: Post by GT MG SPARES LTD.

E Tuning/Modding 9 years 7 months ago #149644

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I like the white one, but without the Lambo doors. :broon:

E Tuning/Modding 9 years 7 months ago #149647

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Impressive artwork, but that blue 'un would have the tits ripped off it in a quarter of a mile in t'real wuld.

Preaching to the wrong 'un: we like the purity of the original design: :broon: So, in short, insert the phrase: 'No 'effin' in front of the following:

LED'S ( In any form. Really.I mean.... REALLY)
Silly rubber band tyres on unfeasibly large wheels
Splitters ('keep the front end nailed'.... no, they don't)
Spoilers ( 'keep the back end nailed': see above. It's extra plastic sprung weight)
Pretend carbon-fibre. (It's sticky-backed plastic, like Fablon. Ask your elderley Uncle about Fablon)
Lexus rear lights. (Lexus: like your slightly richer Grandpa drives? You want to be like him? Hmm.....)

...You'll be old yourself one day. And realise how superfluous the above cack really is.....

Think of your favourite classic; then think of it with the above crap bolted on to it.....

Bugatti, Jaguar E Type, Aston Martin DB5 etc etc.

But, each to their own, as they claim! :yesnod:

Hopefully, this may liven things up, because this forum needs it, tbh..... :yesnod:
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

E Tuning/Modding 9 years 7 months ago #149649

I like them all... as design concepts. :yesnod: They are not meant to be usable road-going workhorses.

These are the equivalent of concept cars that appear at flashy car shows; the ones that will never reach production.

I see a lot of Allan's car in the white one. It confirms that a white exterior with red interior is stunning.
David
:shrug:

E Tuning/Modding 9 years 7 months ago #149650

Really like the white one. Just needs Lexus lights to finish it off.

Blue one looks OK but don't really know what the vents behind the wheels are for, venting the hot air out?

Hood cover on the black one looks good too but the skirts are a bit daft. Then again, it's a concept, not a design as such.

E Tuning/Modding 9 years 7 months ago #149651

Obviously the better the artist then the better the pic, goes without saying. the "white MG" i believe is an american artist and the blue and black by an italian artist. Unfortunately (well for me at least) i have only come across these 3 TF designs. I'll keep searching though :yesnod: On a side note I have just discovered that the TF 160 is available in Gran Turismo 6 for the PS3 and PS4 (think it was extra dlc)

worth watching from 8 mins 40 onwards for alloy wheel previews and stupid ott spoilers and colour options

Last edit: Post by Denial.

E Tuning/Modding 9 years 7 months ago #149671

Sheesh some pillock plays a game and thinks it's the same as driving the real car ........................................................... what a prat!

E Tuning/Modding 9 years 7 months ago #149675

The purpose of the GT 6 link above was to show the paint/alloy wheel options from 8 mins 40 seconds onwards. All the alloys wheels you see and the manufactures exist and can be purchased. I intend to use it to help me find alloy wheels for my own car. Seeing what they would like on the car, before I buy them (even if it's only in a game) will be a massive help for me.

Last edit: Post by Denial.

Re:E Tuning/Modding 9 years 7 months ago #149685

Just a note on gt5 you can get both tf and f. Does help you have a rough image of what it might look like.

Re:E Tuning/Modding 9 years 7 months ago #149737

I like the ideas there. I have respect to those who put proper effort into adapting a car to suit the owners desire.

Personally I have never modified anything on any car I've owned, sorry, actually I have, I can't think of a car I haven't changed.

I doubt there is a car on the road that I wouldn't find something to change.

BUT no fakery please, carbon fibre needs to be real for instance.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

E Tuning/Modding 9 years 7 months ago #149744

Mmmm.. Sticky cut slicks.. Different alloys... Different spoiler.. Better anti roll bars.. Better shocks.. Engine tuning and exhaust upgrades.. Better brakes..

I've done all those for real B)
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT