Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Automotive Art? 11 years 4 months ago #93627

I saw an ad recently for a wall mounted genuine Jag E-type bonnet....I think the price was £26K!! (a new E-type bonnet is £4.5K + VAT so work that out).

Anyway for all of us who have a hard top that we are not using how about this:

As it's art here is a black & white shot:

I don't have room for this in the garage so it's hung from the ceiling of my office with a 3:1 block and tackle using the hardtop's own front clips which seem to be well up to the weight ( I'm not using the stove in the corner). It swings out of the way if I need access to the book case and I rather like it.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Automotive Art? 11 years 4 months ago #93628

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
It is certainly a talking point

..I don't have room for this in the garage so it's hung from the ceiling of my office ...

Garage? How come it wasn't in the spare bedroom or the conservatory like 95% of all the other F/TF hardtops :lol:

Automotive Art? 11 years 4 months ago #93630

It is certainly a talking point

..I don't have room for this in the garage so it's hung from the ceiling of my office ...

Garage? How come it wasn't in the spare bedroom or the conservatory like 95% of all the other F/TF hardtops :lol:

Yes, I see your point but no conservatory...the spare bedroom is stuffed full of sailing gear at this time of year. The garage used to be similarly full of stuff too but when the MG arrived I had a serious clear out then installed a floor (something left undone from 1969) and loads of shelves and brackets....it's a tight fit even for something as small as the MG F but would you really want to leave it out all the time during a Highland winter? Last year we had 4 weeks when the temperature was below freezing continuously. :sick:
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Automotive Art? 11 years 4 months ago #93633

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Yes. I have a piece of art on my spare bedroom wall. I like to call it "LE500 hardtop in blue". ;)

Automotive Art? 11 years 4 months ago #93644

i have a pair...... now that must make them rarer ;)

Automotive Art? 11 years 4 months ago #93649

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
You get nothing for a pair. ;)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT