Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

My MGF 1.8i 12 years 4 months ago #32015

I'm a new member and just finding my way around the site. Here are some pics of my newly acquired 97R MGF 1.8i that I bought late August 2011 with only 6493 miles-YES 6493 miles!

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, PQD44, Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: Inserted photos.

Re: My MGF 1.8i 12 years 4 months ago #32016

Whats the history, why such low mileage? :thumbsup:

Re: My MGF 1.8i 12 years 4 months ago #32020

:omg: Incredible. It looks like new! :thumbsup:

ps Fixed your photos. (You just need to press the insert button after each.)
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Newey

Re: My MGF 1.8i 12 years 4 months ago #32025

Looks fantastic! Well done... :thumbsup:
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Re: My MGF 1.8i 12 years 4 months ago #32027

The mileage is so low because a retired lady had the car from new. Was kept under blankets in a heated garage and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. 100% original and looks good as new-best condition early MGF that I've ever seen! Picked up the R99 MGF number plate for £600 which matches nicely my other "99" plates!

Re: My MGF 1.8i 12 years 4 months ago #32028

Awesome stdeal. :)

Re: My MGF 1.8i 12 years 4 months ago #32042

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
What a find, well done John.

p.s. can you help me find my next car :thumbsup:

Re: My MGF 1.8i 12 years 4 months ago #32046

Wish I could find cars like this all day long-would make the job of selling them much much easier :)!!

Re: My MGF 1.8i 12 years 4 months ago #32177

The mileage is so low because a retired lady had the car from new. Was kept under blankets in a heated garage and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. 100% original and looks good as new-best condition early MGF that I've ever seen! Picked up the R99 MGF number plate for £600 which matches nicely my other "99" plates!

John, i came across an early 1997 MGF recently that had not been used for three years and looked as if it had been in a "time warp" it had been in a dry heated garage totally covered up for the whole time and looked as if it had just come off the production line. Flame Red, black heritage hardtop, black leather interior, original Goodyear tyres, concours condition throughout, had 15K on the clock and looked as if it had never been used. I did all of the usual checks, connected the new battery, new batteries in the plippers, and it fired up at the first turn of the key :thumbsup: the sad thing is that it was not for sale at any price :rant: The owners widow refused to sell it couple of years ago, one of her sons is now going to use it again. i asked him to contact me if it does come up for sale. :yesnod:

Aw: Re: My MGF 1.8i 12 years 4 months ago #32256

John,
what is the VIN of your new MGF ?
And do you know what happened to the previous 'carrrier' of reg plate R99MGF
Dieter K.
MGF Rep. MGCC DE
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Re: Aw: Re: My MGF 1.8i 12 years 4 months ago #32539

Hi Dieter, the previous car was being exported and so the number plate was for sale. The VIN is 026689. It is one of the early cars with the modified hood.

Re: Aw: Re: My MGF 1.8i 12 years 4 months ago #32546

Hi Dieter, the previous car was being exported and so the number plate was for sale. The VIN is 026689. It is one of the early cars with the modified hood.

Its not that early, mine is around 13000 and was September 1996 ~ Dieter will give more accurate build dates. :broon:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT