Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Arty Farty! 14 years 5 months ago #2019

Here's a couple I did recently... got lots more but a bit samey so will get playing with photoshop again soon :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Arty Farty! 14 years 5 months ago #2022

Absolutely beautiful Jan! How do you make your TF stand out like that against the background? :)

Arty Farty! 14 years 5 months ago #2027

Jan,
I love the first one.
The black and white background with the coloured subject is stunning!:yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Arty Farty! 14 years 5 months ago #2034

• gos
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • X Black Beauty X

Jan,
I love the first one.
The black and white background with the coloured subject is stunning!:yesnod:

agreed its very effective :yesnod:

Arty Farty! 14 years 5 months ago #2038

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
It's cheating though, mainly because I can't do it.:mad:

Nice pic.

Did you mask the car and then change the background? How long did it take you to mask the car, because my lasoo mask tool isn't very accurate.

Arty Farty! 14 years 5 months ago #2209

• gos
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • X Black Beauty X
not that I can do it anyway but it would be pretty pointless as my car is black :shake:

Arty Farty! 14 years 5 months ago #2230

Absolutely beautiful Jan! How do you make your TF stand out like that against the background? :)

It's all photo trickery done in Photoshop ;) Not too much skill required! :o There's loads of online tutorials - I'll see if I can find a decent one and post a link to it.

Jan,
I love the first one.

Did you mask the car and then change the background? How long did it take you to mask the car, because my lasoo mask tool isn't very accurate.

I used to use the lasso tool (with varying results, but it was very slow) - until I recently discovered the quick selection tool, this makes the selection much easier. I select the part I want to leave coloured, then inverse the selection and desaturate. That's pretty much it.

not that I can do it anyway but it would be pretty pointless as my car is black :shake:

Aha... but the calipers are red ;) And black cars look stunning on black & white pics if they've got a nice background.

Yellow cars (or at least my yellow car) looks rubbish in B&W - it goes a really weird shade of grey :frown: :shake:

Arty Farty! 14 years 3 months ago #8025

• Visitor
  • Visitor
love the first pic. i want to do one now. Its just a case of lassoo the car, then select the opposite of the lassoo and make it bw isnt it? Il have a play about later.

Arty Farty! 14 years 3 months ago #8036

love the first pic. i want to do one now. Its just a case of lassoo the car, then select the opposite of the lassoo and make it bw isnt it? Il have a play about later.

Yup, magnetic lassoo is the one I use, then invert selection and de-colour as you say.:time out:
David
:shrug:

Arty Farty! 14 years 3 months ago #8041

• gos
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • X Black Beauty X

It's all photo trickery done in Photoshop ;) Not too much skill required! :o There's loads of online tutorials - I'll see if I can find a decent one and post a link to it.

Aha... but the calipers are red ;) And black cars look stunning on black & white pics if they've got a nice background.

ha ha brilliant, that ivy has gone tho (see I thought tf would be safe on the drive thread)

its pretty much gone :whistle:

Arty Farty! 14 years 3 months ago #8042

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Been playing

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT