Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Front suspension something broke! 2 years 1 month ago #198567

Hi I have a problem with my front suspension, went down a pot hole bang drove home no real issues and found the nearside is sitting lower the the offside.

I haven't taken the wheel off yet (the weather has been awful) but I suspect it could be a broken coil spring, and that's the problem really you see the car has been fitted with hard sports type shocks and springs and I not sure what they are?
I always intended to change to a soft ride set so I suspect now would be as good a time as any, I would also like to get rid of the Oz wheels and replace them with regular wheels. Not because I don't like them but because there are more potholes than tarmac of most of the roads around here.

Is it a big job to change the shocks and springs and what should I get? What do you thing of perhaps getting a second hand set (so long as they are clean and dry, no leaks)
I need the car so I would normally get the local garage to do it for me and I going to have to work outside as there is not enough room to work on it,.

Any suggestions or advice would be great?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Front suspension something broke! 2 years 3 weeks ago #198568

Could be a broken spring, but went they go you know about it. When you get the wheel off, have a look at the track control arm ( wish bone) they are known to corrode and it may be that has bent.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT