Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Quick speaker question 5 years 5 months ago #188473

Invalid or non-existent item ID.Sorry if it's been done to death - I'm after a bit of an audio upgrade and have read a few psosts that people have done an Alpine upgrade. Is that the offering currently on the bay of E where they are described as a direct fit for the TF or something different from somewhere else?

Doors -

MG TF MK2 1995 Onwards ALPINE 6.5" 16cm 2 Way 440 Watts Front Door Car Speakers
Completed

With their other listing for the T-bar too -

And .... I have tweeters in there currently - do they plug in somehow to the new speakers or do they just disconnect and become redundant - or do I get component replacements?

Cheers

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by talkingcars. Reason: To add the ebay app.

Quick speaker question 5 years 5 months ago #188484

The door tweeters plug into the main door speakers.

O/E T-bars don't have tweeters so I have no idea how'd they'd be wired.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan1971

Last edit: Post by talkingcars.

Quick speaker question 5 years 5 months ago #188492

Having read those item descriptions properly it appears some drilling is required.....not for me then....

Quick speaker question 5 years 5 months ago #188493

The T bar speakers are a straight swap, the tweeters are built into the alpines so just the the two wires per speaker to connect.
As for the door speakers the old oem ones are riveted in so the rivets must be drilled out of the plastic holders to remove them. I just pre-drilled some new holes and used some self tapping screws to mount the new speakers in the plastic speaker holders. The tweeters just connect the same way as in they did to the original speakers.
The same speakers are cheaper too from other suppliers
Alpine 220W 2Way 16cm/6.5" SXE Car Door Shelf Speakers
Buy It Now
ALPINE PORSCHE 944 VW Golf MK 1 "4x6" 2 way 300 Watts Car Coaxial Speakers NEW
Buy It Now

Last edit: Post by Bob.

Quick speaker question 5 years 5 months ago #188496

Thanks Bob - Do you have these same ones fitted yourself then? Better? If the T-bar ones are a straight replacement - no drilling/modding - then I might manage them.

Quick speaker question 5 years 5 months ago #188497

They are better than the originals I have the exact same ones fitted. The T bar speakers make the biggest difference they are sharper and clearer sounding and worth the money. The door speakers not as much but both sets can handle a lot more than the original cardboard crappys.
If I remember correctly I used the original connectors I just put a stanley knife through the plastic cable shroud to split the terminals.

Last edit: Post by Bob.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 4.184 seconds