Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Purple Soft top 5 years 10 months ago #186513

Well it's been a while since anyone has heard from me. As is often the case real life takes over and everything gets put on hold. However i'm now settled in South Wales, and have managed to hold down a job for the last 15 months. During all that time i'm ashamed to say absolutely nothing has been to done to my car, and it's just been parked up on the driveway back in Burnley.

I saw it for the first time in 6 months last weekend, all 4 tyres are flat and need replacing, and the seats and steering wheel are covered in mold. Not great, but it could be worse. I've had a small windfall and i'm looking at hopefully getting all the little jobs done and the car MOT'd and back on the road in the next 2 months.

To that end, i've definitely seen purple soft tops, i know they were produced from material used on TVR's. Can anyone remind me who produced them or if they are still available?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Purple Soft top 5 years 10 months ago #186514

Good to see you back boyo. :broon: :lol: I don't know much about purple soft tops. Mould.. urgh! :slapme:

The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Purple Soft top 5 years 10 months ago #186516

Mold: lots of j-cloths and one of those plug in steam cleaners... Places like home bargains sometimes have them cheap. It comes straight off, kills the spores and doesn't damage the surface.

Purple soft tops... Yes,... I remember seeing them at an event.... And the name that comes to mind was "prestige autotrim".... But it's been a while and I could be wrong about that. I was going to get one in green.

Oh, and a bit of leather balm will help the seats
Leather Restorer Dye - For Faded Worn Leather sofa Car Seat Chair Colour Repair
Completed
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, Bob

Last edit: Post by g7nbp. Reason: Add comment

Purple Soft top 5 years 10 months ago #186522

A number of years ago Rimmer Bros. had a few Xpower purple hoods for sale, which I believe were made by BAS International.
Mark
95 MGF
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.001 seconds