• Page:

Topic

K&N Heat Shield - Prototype 14 years 3 months ago #9590

• bacchus's Avatar Topic Author
  • bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Food, Photography & Little British Sports Cars
I've been playing around with a few ideas for a heat shield for my K&N filter for a while now and yesterday while at the local hardware store I had an epiphany when I saw some 150mm flexible extraction fan flue. So $37 later it came home with me.

I have made up and fitted a prototype to see if it works and if it does I'll make up a tidier version and fit it properly, with a guide for anyone who is interested. In the mean time here are some shots of the prototype in place

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by psymon.

K&N Heat Shield - Prototype 14 years 3 months ago #9596

Very creative mate! Will be watching this thread with interest! :yesnod:

K&N Heat Shield - Prototype 14 years 3 months ago #9604

• bacchus's Avatar Topic Author
  • bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Food, Photography & Little British Sports Cars
I took the car for an aggressive test this morning, when I got back the filter was cool where as the other side of the shield was so bloody hot I burnt my fingers, so it looks like we may have success. It's not perfect I know but it should help and its a fun little project. I would have made up the MK1 heat shield today all tidy and riveted, but it was 35°C here so we spent the day in the pool.

K&N Heat Shield - Prototype 14 years 3 months ago #9628

very cool mate, i had a K&N until about a fortnight ago (swapped it for a enclosed cone off a BRM) i was going to do something like this but with no guide available i was far too lazy! lol
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT