Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Centre console lights 8 years 2 months ago #164198

:omg:
Centre console /dash lighting gone

I was putting switches back in the console after I changed the leds to blue tested the switches waere working fine turned off and on now all the lights in centre console have gone
However all the switches still work and have power windows heater fog lights all ok checked fuses, bulbs all seem good
Mate said disconnect buy to reset car still no lights Anyone Got any ideas

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Centre console lights 8 years 2 months ago #164199

hi and welcome..................you say you have actually had the blue led lights working.........has i remember when i fitted some,the bulbs could only be fitted one way round....unlike a conventional bulb which could be fitted anyhow............leds can fool the computer into thinking the bulbs have blown,due to thier low power consumption..........some leds have a resistor fitted to combat this.......someone with more knoledge on this should be along shortly just incase im barking up the wrong tree...... :bust:

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Centre console lights 8 years 2 months ago #164201

Hi and welcome to the forum

Disconnecting and reconnecting the battery wont make a difference on these cars, they aren't that advanced.
My guess is that you've damaged a wire, can you get a multimeter on them to make sure you've got power?

James

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Last edit: Post by talkingcars.

Centre console lights 7 years 10 months ago #167758

Did you by chance disconnect the dimmer switch? If this is disconnected, the lights, or at least some of them wont work...

Centre console lights 7 years 10 months ago #167766

:welcome2:
David
:shrug:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT