Sign In   Register

Topic

Headlamps... CUSTOM 14 years 3 months ago #9244

We all know the headlamps on the F are pretty pants, with the TF ones being slightly better.

I always liked the TF lights, but I much prefer the F bumper. I know its possible to combine the 2, but I thaught there must be a better way!

So, after a few weeks work, I give you v.1 of my custom F headlamps.

Light output is fantastic, as you would imagine from 55w Hids. And I think its the only car to have logos on the headlamp except for the maybach!

Anyways, there not perfect and will be re-done at some point but Im pleased with them for now.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Headlamps... CUSTOM 14 years 3 months ago #9246

hi matt....when you re-do them can i have first dibs on these then please...lol

seriously...they look exceptional mate...top class job done there bud
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Is so skint he's off to become a sperm donor.....when i think of the money i've let slip through my fingers!!!:whistle:

Headlamps... CUSTOM 14 years 3 months ago #9253

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Oooh. Will cost you a fortune to get them e marked though. :yesnod:

Forgetting that though, an excellent job. Looks good.

Headlamps... CUSTOM 14 years 3 months ago #9257

• bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Food, Photography & Little British Sports Cars
They look outstanding Matt, great job there. I don't suppose there is a how to on the way is there :)

Craig

Headlamps... CUSTOM 14 years 3 months ago #9259

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
It must have been a pain getting the headlamp adjustment system to work. Did you keep and adapt the F adjusters or use the TF ones?

Headlamps... CUSTOM 14 years 3 months ago #9277

It must have been a pain getting the headlamp adjustment system to work. Did you keep and adapt the F adjusters or use the TF ones?

V.1 is not adjustable unfortunately, I'm lucky enough to have access to a MOT headlamp tester and the lights where built around the projectors.

v.2 which is under construction will be fully adjustable for LHD/RHD and left/right and up /down.

I really just wanted them ready for the arctic run so as long as the beam pattern is legal im happy to use them for now.

As for a how to, the lights were made away from my house most of the time so I dont have build pictures, but if u want to have a go, get some spare lights and cut them up with a dremel. Thats how these started back in october!

There is a guy on .org (r25/zt section) who got some special projectors that fit the original bulb holders, these would be a doddle to fit and give a similar result.

Headlamps... CUSTOM 14 years 3 months ago #9289

Wow! These look absolutely fantastic Matt! :drool5: Exactly what the F front needs to modernize it! It's ashame you can't mass produce them as I reckon you'd make a fair few bucks from them! :yesnod:

Headlamps... CUSTOM 14 years 3 months ago #9303

That I like! I agree the OE lights are very poor, thought my ZS ones were avaerage but the F are terrible in comparison.
2000 MGF 1.8i SE Wedgewood
2002 MG ZS200 Trophy Blue
1999 Land Rover Discovery series 2 TD5

Headlamps... CUSTOM 14 years 3 months ago #9478

love it! all the cool kids have custom mods :dc:
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Headlamps... CUSTOM 14 years 1 month ago #11711

I have a Mod in progress to update F Headlamps, I have only one one but once the other is completed i'll post up pics and a 'How Too' guide !!!

Headlamps... CUSTOM 14 years 1 month ago #11713

:yesnod:

I have a Mod in progress to update F Headlamps, I have only one one but once the other is completed i'll post up pics and a 'How Too' guide !!!

:yesnod: yes please!:yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Headlamps... CUSTOM 14 years 1 month ago #11716

what he said........:yesnod:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Is so skint he's off to become a sperm donor.....when i think of the money i've let slip through my fingers!!!:whistle:

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT