Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Clutch/Flywheel 12 years 3 months ago #36199

So, this year will be the 10th birthday of my TF and mine has had quite an eventful life with 8 previous owners. As its only done 48k miles Im assuming most were summer drivers who just jumped in and drove off without really being sympathetic to the requirements these cars!

To that end I can only assume that the clutch has had some hits and driving it round town I often get the clutch smell. I know it wont need changing for a while but a slipping clutch is probably robbing me of power and that's just unacceptable.

I have looked at the AP clutch kits and am thinking of coupling that with a lightened flywheel. I know the apparent pro's and con's, the increased engine braking, the quicker spin up, the apparent issues with setting off in 1st.

Does anyone on have first hand experience of this combination? I've read lots of "a mate had this and he said it was a nightmare" and "I had a go in a Cosworth with a lightened flywheel and it was impossible". So really, I'm just after info on the TF and preferably from people who run them.

Many thanks in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Clutch/Flywheel 12 years 3 months ago #36203

Try sending a PM to dazlightyear (pocket motors) who seems to have done so much to Fs and should be able to advise, Quicksliver (Chris) races an F but i think his is a steptronic box. The other person is Rough Luck (Jon Norris) who may be able to advise :thumbsup:
The following user(s) said Thank You: PQD44, Leigh Ping, Luckymarine

Re: Clutch/Flywheel 12 years 3 months ago #36714

I have the AP clutch and haven't really noticed any difference to driving my dad's F with a standard clutch. I've also been looking at a lighweight flywheel and heard the horror stories but talking to a mate who had one fitted to his TF, he never had any problems.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PQD44, Leigh Ping

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT