Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

TF 160 7 years 6 months ago #172508

• pgew's Avatar Topic Author
  • pgew
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
2003 TF 160, Oxford leather seats, red interior, 17" MGRover wheels. TT 'quiet' exhaust, Viper air filter, Z&F chipped, 85th anniversary suspension set up- Bilsteins etc, brake-stiffener bracket.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

TF 160 7 years 6 months ago #172511

A beautiful example. :broon:

TF 160 7 years 6 months ago #172513

Nice colour combination :broon:

TF 160 7 years 6 months ago #172514

Nice colour combination :broon:

The roof seems to match with the interior. Got any pics with the roof down please? :)

TF 160 7 years 6 months ago #172518

• pgew
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Not too much detail, I'm afraid, but taken outside William Morris, Lord Nuffiel'ds house.

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

TF 160 7 years 6 months ago #172519

Great looking car, and quite a rarity. We are jealous!

TF 160 7 years 6 months ago #172535

Great colour ;)

ZR wheels?

TF 160 7 years 6 months ago #172543

• pgew
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
SR or ST I believe, but it is the powder-coating that makes a big difference as it shows off the sculptural details of the spokes, which don't show up so well in silver, looks a different wheel. And it is the wheels that make a huge difference to the 'presence' of the car. I didn't realise how much bigger a 17" wheel was until we swapped them over, and now the 16" look too small to me. I have since blocked out the silver surround to the MG badges and added rim protectors in black, which all adds to the look.

It came with a black interior and I bought a dodgy car for its interior, just as well as the engine emptied its water a few miles from home. It came with red seats so got some money back on those and other bits we stripped before getting the remains collected. The all-red wheel came off the TF that was totalled by a sweet lady driver.

I've got a spare pair of red leather seats now with MG badge embroidered on the backrsest - must've cost a fortune as they are punched leather - as the car came with the black Oxford leather and they are too nice to give up! I've also got another red hood off a bloke in a carpark near Northampton - took me hundreds of hours to scrape off the 'restorer' he had used, which made a nice black gloop all over it - a scalpel and ten blades was the answer - and it has the full HRW so it may just go back on the car's original frame when there is time.

I would like to TF200 it if possible - I have the side vents but the bonnet seems a big job (anyone got one or a chap to make one?) and the rear spoiler would need to be made up. I wouldn't mind a turbo or twin-turbo either - 350 bhp anyone?

I forgot to mention the SEAT splitter, which finishes the front off nicely, although a bit low for a certain Adam's driveway entrance!

TF 160 2 years 11 months ago #195763

Very partial to silver and red for some reason 😁

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT