• Page:

Topic

My TF 7 years 8 months ago #169932

• SundanceUK's Avatar Topic Author
  • SundanceUK
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
  • MG TF 160 owner in Staffordshire
Thought it was about time I posted a few pics of my car on here now its getting close to where I wanted.
Mods include spoiler, 3 ringer rear lights, coloured console and door cappings etc, MG hoops, deflector, new grilles all round and a rear view camera and parking sensors. Also a whole lot of mechanical work on the steering and suspension parts and some refurb work on the subframes and braces. Brake disks upgraded and new hoses, also refurbished calipers. Phew!
Just some work on the obligatory rust areas, so booked in with a local bodyshop for the wheel arches to be sorted and some slight scuffs and the jacking points to be made good again!
Oh and new wheels and tyres too!
Sundance

The following user(s) said Thank You: psymon, talkingcars, Leigh Ping, Bob, mgtfbluestreak

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by SundanceUK.

My TF 7 years 8 months ago #169935

very nice car indeed....mines pretty bog standard compared to yours

a question i have for you....your steering wheel looks bright and new...mine has some blue wearing off....is there a paint you can buy for refurb.or have you just renewed the wheel?
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, Bob

My TF 7 years 8 months ago #169938

Looking good chaps. :broon:

I have a blue and a grey MG :P

The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, mgtfbluestreak, SundanceUK

My TF 7 years 8 months ago #169939

• SundanceUK
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

very nice car indeed....mines pretty bog standard compared to yours

a question i have for you....your steering wheel looks bright and new...mine has some blue wearing off....is there a paint you can buy for refurb.or have you just renewed the wheel?

Mark, steering wheels can be refurbished, Indeed I have a spare bright red one that's been done and never fitted as it is too red for my darker red interior, hence the burgundy shade wheel I have.
You can get the leather refurbishment kits on ebay or online, it means roughing up the wheel with sandpaper and getting the top coat of lacquer off then treating with the new leather dye and then resealing the finish with new lacquer.
Its a bit messy and I have not had a go, but you can buy refurbed wheels for about 70 quid. Only issue I have is that the stitching can come a bit rough after the wheel is sanded off to get the original sealer off. If the wheel is done professionally, I assume that the wheel is nearly as good as new.
My wheel is far from perfect and does have a couple of dinks in I and shows wear in some places, but it isn't bad.
Your blue TF looks absolutely immaculate, just wish I had a garage to keep mine in!
Anyone need a refurbished red steering wheel?

Sundance

My TF 7 years 8 months ago #169941

• SundanceUK
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
Great looking cars Bob, you have the same colours as me and Bluestreak! I do like both colours, although my first TF was solar red which I bought new in 2004. Everyone took a bash at it, the final straw was some old lady taking the door out on Tesco car park after she pulled into the bay next to me and failed to see my open door. The car was never the same since, plus I had to have a couple of layers of laquer removed from the paint after a toxic fallout from work! The rust soon came through shame cos I loved my red TF, the first car I ever bought brand new!
Sundance
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob, mgtfbluestreak

My TF 7 years 8 months ago #169943

i think a trophy blue zt is on my wish list.......as i have a bit of a bluestreak you know!..........i had a zr once and that was trophy blue aswell

one thing ive noticed while reading this thread is that bobs roll hoops are sloping forward....and the roll hoops on sundance are straight........never noticed the sloping ones before... :wave:

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

My TF 7 years 8 months ago #169953

The x power mk1 are mg rovers attempt at roll bars.
I have them off at the moment.My new glass screen hood wont fold down flat with them fitted I'm going back to a plastic back window hood, so I can put them back on.
They have substantial mounts that fix on the hood frame and seetbolt bolts,so I think they add roll over protection.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, mgtfbluestreak

Last edit: Post by Bob.

My TF 7 years 8 months ago #169973

• SundanceUK
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
Bob,
Yes mine are the Mk.2 versions, did well to drop on them and as I have a glass rear window, they just fit in...you do have to be a bit careful when lifting the rear of the roof forward to access the engine bay as they do scrape against the glass rear window. I usually but a bit of cloth over them to prevent any accidental shattering of my rear glass!
I did think that the mounting brackets are the same on both versions, but looking at yours, I think they fit the hoops a bit further back than the Mk. 2's
On the downside, I had to modify my aftermarket wind stop and make new brackets to support it after I put the hoops in. See below!
Sundance
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob, mgtfbluestreak

My TF 7 years 6 months ago #171443

Wow, the red inserts look really good - where did you get them?
I have a red (well maroonish) TF & I'm sure something similar would suit mine - that's if you don't mind being copied!

My TF 7 years 6 months ago #171446

yes met sundance this summer,,,fantastic colour scheme on his car....really want some roll hoops on my car after driving behind his in matlock......they look the biz :broon:
The following user(s) said Thank You: SundanceUK

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

My TF 7 years 6 months ago #171449

I really like the burgundy colouring on the interior parts. I've often thought about doing something similar as it changes the rather 'plastic' looking central console in to something much more attractive. Did you paint the bits yourself? Some details of how it was done would be appreciated.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling
The following user(s) said Thank You: SundanceUK

My TF 7 years 6 months ago #171908

• SundanceUK
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
I painted the door card cappings and centre console and air vents myself, I used Nightfire red from Halfords, 2 coats of primer, three of paint and a couple of coats of laquer to finish off.
The steering wheel was an ebay find and the gaiters again from ebay.
I did them at a time when the red was a predominant scheme on the car but now I have changed the wheels and badges to black, still think the red looks ok though, although I was thinking of going the full monochromic effect and get grey console, vents, silver wheel etc....but maybe the bit of colour does go well.
I do have a bright red interior set that I am looking to sell at a reasonable price if anyone needs one. Wheel, gaiters console and vents...
Oh and a heritage hardtop in Nightfire red with a dark grey leather lining.

Sundance

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT