Sign In   Register

Topic

rover coupe 8 years 6 months ago #162959

the aim is to have the mintest coupe on the road

I wouldn't doubt that for a second Martin. Thanks for sharing this project with us and keep it coming please. :broon:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

rover coupe 8 years 5 months ago #162973

One word for that ....... WOWSER ! Good job . Post more pics when its done. And put a good immobiliser on it ! :P

rover coupe 8 years 5 months ago #162996

lol its a mg rover no one would stel it even if i left the keys in it lol . and i did for two weeks when i went on holiday .

ive just ripped the clifford out as it was giving me issues so put it all back to the oe rover system which works fine .

tbh it will not be left unattended anyway as im lucky enough to have a daily run around . so the coupe will just be for shows and track days

rover coupe 8 years 5 months ago #163396

right not done alot really .

im moving house soon so having to get the engine out of the house and into my garage as im keeping the garage . and that way dont have to worry about moving it on move day .

it will end up in the new house dont you worry .

now i had forgot how heavy these things are so i had to man up and lift it out the house on the std trying not to damage the door frame on the way out lol

taking off the std .

std oe valeo clutch going on this is only for the run in of the new engine . to make sure a theirs no leaks etc from seals and to give me a much smoother run in time rather than a much more aggressive clutch .

aligning the clutch

its started raining now . i will get the gear box on later and start fitting up all the mounting points and other bits and bobs so im ready to just crane the whole thing in . i will get the engine loom on as well .

stoped raining so gear box on engine

next step is to get the lower tie bar mount bush remade in poly i seen some one d it before on a forum some where .
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, sworkscooper

Last edit: Post by martinhodge.

rover coupe 8 years 4 months ago #163626

right its getting quieter with work etc now due to rolling up to xmas . so gives me and bodyshop man more time ti crack on with the body work .

boot floor needs replacing as i will be shot blasting the whole rear end etc and i dont think their will be much left once i do .

this is due to years of coupe leaky boot syndrome .

rear shelf out .

rest of interior and carpet out

doors etc stripped and off

bushes pressed into the arms

passenger side rear quater removed mostly . will be removing it higher up on the rear piller as per hs a bit later on when ready to mount new one up

damage an rust to inner sill and this is the good side!!

will need to get the inner sill repaired or find a new part for it
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars

rover coupe 8 years 4 months ago #163640

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
Man Points +100

This is a great project.

I like seeing things come alive :)

rover coupe 8 years 4 months ago #163700

cheers .

shame about the inner sills as gunna have to fabricate them as they are no longer avaiable . im sure theirs prob a set some where on a shelf but i dont have the time to search for them it took me two years to find all the other panels lol .

and the boot floor is avaiable at 600 pound so ill end up refabricating that as well .

rover coupe 8 years 4 months ago #163854

pasenger side off

rover coupe 8 years 4 months ago #163855

WOW what more can I say. I wish I had 10 %of your skill and know how,this is one project and then some. I have a mate who competed in the tomcat challenge a few years back and I also had a few test days at croft as a passenger with him. It was a great car then and yours will certainly be a blast from the past. Nice one.
:clap: :clap:

:beer: :beer: Steve

rover coupe 8 years 4 months ago #163866

a few years back . you mean 20 years back lol .

yes i have one of those race cars lol

this is my road car

rover coupe 8 years 4 months ago #163870

Yep your right it was that long ago Damn I feel old now. His name is Martin Jobling and he raced 4or5 seasons with some success. Great days out especially the BTCC support race days.
Once again cracking project.

:beer: :beer: Steve

rover coupe 8 years 3 months ago #163919

right the car has now been dropped off for shot blasting at a profesional shot blasters

they will be using a fine grit here are the areas that need work .

will be shot blasting the whole engine bay out and the front slam panel .

all four inner arches .

the sill areas .

and the inside boot and the rear of the car where the main chassis is so can get it all stich welded up .

will also be doing the main rails .

area 1 to be blasted

area 2

area 3

area 4

area 5:

area 6 :

area 7 :

engine bay :

cleaned off the areas where will be welding the reinforcement plates in as per the race cars

check out the crack in the main chassis rail

The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT