Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Interior lights stuck on 3 months 1 week ago #205630

Yesterday I was pleased to receive my pscan from Philip. Hooked it up to the old Compaq laptop, loaded up the software, plugged it in to Clayton (Oct '03 Japanese Spec TF with Pektron) and everything worked as it should. On the Pektron page I tried the various actuators, all of which worked as advertised except the Interior Lamps, which stayed on regardless. I didn't think much about that, but after I finished fiddling and left the car overnight I found a flat battery the next morning. Charged, it turns out that the interior lamps stay on regardless of the position of the doors, ignition key or my mouth. I cranked up pscan again and tried the lamp actuator , but selecting on or off made no difference. Currently I've pulled the fuse, losing clock and audio as well.

I'm assuming that the problem is Pektron related. I can't see how testing the actuator could have caused the problem, but does anybody have any relevant experience or ideas?

Another minor change happens when I alarm the car. The lights have never blinked when I lock the car with the fob and still don't, but now the horn gives a short beep . Also, the alarm light on the dash no longer flashes. Hard not to wonder if my fiddling with pscan has made these changes, but I can't see how. I carefully avoided using any function change buttons.

All suggestions gratefully appreciated. Sadly, it's not practical to send the Pektron to Technozen from New Zealand.

David

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by DavePro.

Interior lights stuck on 3 months 1 week ago #205631

From what you explained everything of this does sound like you have door lock sensor problem. When you have short beep of horn and alarm red led not flashing, that means alarm is not fully armed because one or more alarm sensors stay in open position.
Having in mind that you say your interior light stays on then that would be door lock sensor problem and alarm sees that sensor is not in closed state and thus is not fully armed.
I would say that door lock inspection is next thing you need to do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Interior lights stuck on 3 months 1 week ago #205632

Thanks for that, I hadn't worked it out. I'll probably check the driver's door first as it's the most used. I'd have thought that turning the ignition on might still have cancelled the interior lights, but not so.

Interior lights stuck on 3 months 1 week ago #205633

• Cobber
  • Away
  • '97 MGF 1.8 MPI
Just a thought……try working the locks manually via the door buttons and key, see if that makes a difference,.
If it does then some manual adjustment of the lock rods in the door might help.
It might be that you need to bend or straighten a lock rod a tiny little bit in order to adjust it.
Or one of the interior light door switches is sticking, give then a good clean up.
And of course check the obvious….. make sure the manual override interior light switch isn’t on.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Interior lights stuck on 3 months 1 week ago #205636

My gut feel is that it's an unlucky coincidence.
The code that actuates things is pretty simple and there aren't any weird hacks or anything that looks like code that actually changes anything permanently.
I think that you need to look in live data and make sure that door switches register in the Pektron inputs as they should.
Also might be worth disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and reconnecting just to "reboot" everything.
I'm not aware of anything in the config that could affect this behaviour but maybe Technozen can comment.

Interior lights stuck on 3 months 1 week ago #205639

Problem solved. And, as usual, it's my fault. Or maybe my wife's. When trying Cobber's suggestion to work locks manually I found that the passenger door was not fully closed, although it looked shut. After closing, everything worked as MG intended. So fuse back in, lights, clock and radio back up, all's right in the world.
Philip, my apologies for speculating that pscan might somehow have been involved in my problem. Correlation is not causation. And thanks to those who took time to try to solve my problem.

David
P.S. My background is in explosives, EOD and demolition, so I have terrible trouble avoiding the spelling 'fuze'. Think I made it this time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars, Cobber, sworkscooper

Interior lights stuck on 3 months 1 week ago #205648

• Cobber
  • Away
  • '97 MGF 1.8 MPI
I also have worked with explosives……blowing shit up is good clean wholesome fun!
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Interior lights stuck on 3 months 1 week ago #205650

Thanks for posting the update. That's a relief.

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT