Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Changing the EKA code 1 year 7 months ago #200166

Sorry, a naive question from a naive user.

I am having problems using the EKA code on my 2004 MGTF 135 (Pektron). I suspect a problem with a micro-switch in the door lock. Troubleshooting is a pain because all of the numbers in my EKA code are big, i.e. >= 5. Every time I try to enter my EKA code, the alarm goes off!

I know that I can change the EKA code using pscan but is there any reason, other than security, why I shouldn't change it temporarily to something simple like 1111 for the purpose of troubleshooting?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Changing the EKA code 1 year 7 months ago #200174

You can change the eka to whatever you feel like.
The recommendation is not to use something like 1111, for security, same as your bank card pin.
The chances of someone gaining access to your car by using the eka are,in my opinion, vanishingly small!
First they would have to have your key and second would have to know that the eka system exists, and third guess your code.

I would hazard a guess that the number of cars actually stolen by doing this are ZERO.
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: BruceTF135

Changing the EKA code 1 year 7 months ago #200177

Thank you, David. My thoughts exactly! :-)

Changing the EKA code 1 year 7 months ago #200179

I have lowered my EKA numbers so that I can input it faster as I found the same issue with the alarm .
The following user(s) said Thank You: BruceTF135

Changing the EKA code 1 year 7 months ago #200192

There are certain numbers that the Pektron won't accept because they are "reserved" by MG Rover. If pscan won't let you choose one like 1111 then that will be why.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Changing the EKA code 1 year 7 months ago #200218

There are certain numbers that the Pektron won't accept because they are "reserved" by MG Rover. If pscan won't let you choose one like 1111 then that will be why.

Thanks. Yes, I noticed this whilst changing the EKA code at the weekend. 1111 is not accepted. But I managed to find suitable low numbers which were accepted and served my purpose. Pscan is quite easy in this respect in that it is impossible to enter an unacceptable code.

Once everything is sorted, I will probably change it back to the original code. Whilst this is cumbersome to use, it will match the original data.

Whilst I try to resolve my original problem, I have temporarily replaced the horn with a little 12v buzzer. This saves me from annoying my neighbours :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT