Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Fob programming problem PSCAN 0435 1 year 9 months ago #199544

I'm trying to ad a new fob on my 2004 TF. I get as far as test horn which works properly. Next stage is the LOCK/UNLOCK button presses but even after at least 20 cycles of this the horn doesn't sound, I can hear a relay clicking in the centre console though. Am I missing something ? I pause between presses and do it nice and slowly but the horn never sounds. If I exit that stage and do the Horn Test button the horn sounds right away. Car VIN is SARRDMBEB4D634561. Also the EKA doesn't work as the alarm is triggered after the first session of key turns. I read it with PSCAN then pressed the Write EKA code to refresh memory, would changing the EKA code help?.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fob programming problem PSCAN 0435 1 year 9 months ago #199551

I don't think that changing the EKA will help, though it is harmless if you want to do it.

It really isn't safe to proceed without getting the EKA to work because you can very easily end up with a non-drivable car.

In my opinion you need to get the EKA to work before you go any further with this.

Fob programming problem PSCAN 0435 1 year 9 months ago #199552

Thanks, any ideas on a reason for the EKA to fail? I've read the Owner's Handbook and watched the video on the Rover being coded but EKA doesn't work. I've ensured it's done deliberately and the key returned to the centre position carefully. Could there be a problem with the hardware in the car though both existing fobs work as they should

Fob programming problem PSCAN 0435 1 year 9 months ago #199566

Bad form replying to yourself but this is a case of RTFM, Read The F'ng Manual!
I was going by the procedures posted on the Web, well it's wrong for my car. There is no need to do the hold in lock or click lock four times. You start inputing the code straight away, in my case 5 clicks unlock then input the other numbers with successive key clicks and the car unlocks and starts!
Don't believe everything you read on the web though Pscan coding still not working
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Duncraig.

Fob programming problem PSCAN 0435 1 year 9 months ago #199575

I believe that that is the same procedure that is described under "How to test the EKA" on this webpage:-

http://pscan.uk/features/pektron.html

I think it's the same procedure used in this video as well:-

Fob programming problem PSCAN 0435 1 year 9 months ago #199580

Thanks, I watched it but once again after doing Lock/Unlock at least 10 times on each fob the horn didn’t sound. I decided to take a chance and carried on with the programming and after making sure the diagnostic session had finished and the laptop had shut down I tried the new fob and it works! Still don’t know why no noise from the horn but at last have a new working fob. 👍

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT