Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Rear glass screen 1 week 3 days ago #206823

Still sorting minor things on the 05 TF.
A previous owner or dealer scraped a label off the rear screen and took out the top 3 lines of the HRW element.
I have had a go at using conductive paint and will not know if it works until next October.
Just for financial planning, is the screen really zip-out or will I need to drill rivets?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Rear glass screen 1 week 3 days ago #206831

That previous owner must be a bit of a careless plonker. It only takes a small amount of time and effort to remove stickers carefully with a hair drier.

Steam from a kettle may help with checking the effectiveness of the conductive paint repair.

It depends on the type of hood/ screen you have. The glass rear window in my new hood is permanently fixed, unlike my previous one which had a zip in rear plastic window.

The process to swap a zip type plastic window involves drilling out rivets along the bottom bow and replacing them when fitting the new window section. That process should be just the same for a glass zip in screen section. Its not difficult, you will just need a drill and some small rivets. Allow a couple of hours if that.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Rear glass screen 1 week 2 days ago #206835

Much appreciated, AP.
Mine has a zip and is definitely glass.
A hybrid replacement perhaps?

I need a cold morning, even with a kettle.
May need to see the summer through and if my repair was good.
Otherwise a zip screen from Darren and rivets.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT