Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Speedo Transducer . 1 week 6 days ago #206764

Hi guys . Well today I made a start with my TFs service in preparation for the dreaded MOT and our forthcoming trip to Italy. All going well until I manged by accident to separate the speedo transducer from the the pinion housing . Now this might sound a bit like a rant but I qualify as I'm an old git . It was suggested on here that removing the pinion housing from the gearbox is a straightforward method when refilling the gearbox with oil . Well it took me nearly three hours as it was so unbelievably tight !!!
:yesnod: I have managed to reassemble the transducer and with the aid of my cordless on the pinion it seems to be working. Problem is I am going to have to use a fair bit of emery tape on the housing to get the bugger back into the gearbox . Anyone had any similar experience of this .
John

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by sworkscooper. Reason: Missed a bit

Speedo Transducer . 1 week 5 days ago #206779

Just to update after I posted yesterday about the struggle to remove the speedo drive from my Tf . I set about it wuth gusto this morning and first of all tried emery cloth on the the speedo drive to aid refitting. It's still quite tight so I just accepted that they must all be tight . Then after the transducer fell apart I thought I had better inspect it as I had had enough last night. I prised it apart agaun and lubricated the inside . Fitted it back together and then back onto the gearbox . Jacked up one rear wheel and started it up to see if it still works and hey presto, all good . I then thought as I was on a roll I'd fit the new clutch slave cylinder seal kit . Was the guy who designed these cars a contortionist?? Anyway, clamped the flexible pipe so as not to loose too much fluid as these systems can be a real pain if you start with an empty system. Think it was a good call to fit a seal as the inside of the boot was a tad damp and the seal was looking rough . Back on the car and a good flush with fresh fluid . Nice pedal pressure and all gears clearing. So all in all a better day than yesterday. :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roverlike, Notanumber

Last edit: Post by sworkscooper.

Speedo Transducer . 4 days 2 hours ago #206874

Sounds like a real chore.

I have got the gearbox fluid change down to the 30 minutes with the aid of a 1 meter length of 8 mm tubing from an aquarium shop and a funnel using the opening on the side of the box. this is the best place to fill it as you are guaranteed to fill it to the correct level.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT