Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

BODYWORK 1 week 6 days ago #206611

Morning Im just about to start repairing the rear bumper Is it much of a job,to remove the "black section" round the exhaust pipes .I can make neater job of respraying if this section is out,rather than mask it all up Len

Please Log in to join the conversation.

BODYWORK 1 week 6 days ago #206612

Forgot to add photos
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

BODYWORK 1 week 6 days ago #206613

Get the entire rear valance off the car. It’s a bit of a faff shifting the bolts but once off you’ll be able to push out the stoved in area & work on the inside of the damage to reenforce the area.
I’d be inclined to warm the area up, & with a piece of wood spreading the load, ease the lot back into shape.
I stress Warm, all you want is to soften the plastic a bit not melt it.
Melt it & you’ll be into a replacement bumper.
As had been said before there are many ways to skin a cat (assuming you would want to) but when faced with this type of damage, this would be my approach.
M

BODYWORK 1 week 6 days ago #206617

Its not removable !!!!

BODYWORK 1 week 5 days ago #206622

Morning I dont want to remove the rear bumper. At 85 I have to limit myself a bit .I reinforced the bumper crack with aluminium repair mesh ,the lower part of the crack wes depressed in so i could slide a section of mesh in and secure it with bumper filler I drilled a few goles round the crack for the filler to go into So its now nice and solid Ive masked the recess up with was really awkward but now done .Keeps me busy and is good physio !!!
Attachments:

BODYWORK 1 week 5 days ago #206626

looking good. the MGF & TF bumpers were made and painted off site by a third party company, hence the reason why some did not match, mainly the reds!! the black inset part on the TF bumpers was painted matt black before they were fitted.

BODYWORK 1 week 4 days ago #206632

I can assure you that the bumpers finished in Volcano orange were definitely a shitful colour match
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

BODYWORK 1 week 1 day ago #206649

Hello managed to repair the bumper in situ and have now primed it .Just waiting for a dry day to apply base coat and lacquer
Attachments:

BODYWORK 1 week 1 day ago #206651

Can’t complain about that!
The following user(s) said Thank You: digcot65

BODYWORK 1 week 1 day ago #206654

Excellent work

BODYWORK 1 week 1 day ago #206655

Looks great, nice job.