Sign In   Register

Topic

FRONT BRAKES 4 weeks 2 days ago #206293

i had a message come up saying 402 error

Please Log in to join the conversation.

FRONT BRAKES 4 weeks 1 day ago #206301

I made three score and ten last December , twelve years ago I had a botched hip replacement which severely limited my mobility. I eventually decided to have it replaced and the date was set for summer 2024. We decided to take this OZ and NZ holiday now so that I would be home for the op. Two weeks before we left my pre op appointment was made for 22/02/2024 and the op itself for 06/03/2024 s I had to cancel the operation. I should have told everyone because walking up and down mountains has boosted my intake of painkillers and the share price of pharmaceutical companies has shot up, or would that have been insider trading? Anyway hopefully I will get it done later this summer.

FRONT BRAKES 4 weeks 1 day ago #206303

It would be interesting to get all MGf & tf septuagenarians (or nearest offer) in one place. After glance around each other’s cars we could spend the rest of our time together comparing our maladies & medication.
Several years ago I was walking with a stick, until I was introduced to some quack medicine my wife acquired for me, now I’m two separate gorillas.
What’s more I’ve walked all the northern canals end to end & back (that bit is true).
M

FRONT BRAKES 4 weeks 17 hours ago #206316

i had a message come up saying 402 error

Is this a pscan error code or a web browser code? Or even a joke that I don't get, seeing some of the messages here!

FRONT BRAKES 3 weeks 6 days ago #206324

Ive been spraying penetrating oil onto the disc ,where it joins the hub so next week I can try the bolt method ,since members have used that way .I was a bit worried about snapping the cast iron . Spraying the off side of the car has come out well .When Ive done the front brake I can look at the rear bumper,someone has reversed into a post !!! HAPPY EASTER TO ALL Len
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars

FRONT BRAKES 3 weeks 2 days ago #206391

Had another morning trying to remove the brake disc .I`ve had a three legged puller on the disc and two bolts through the caliper securing holes .I have had a 4 foot extension bar on the ratchet for the hub puller .Ive jst finished lunch so back to the disc. I`ve really tightened the two bolts and having heated the disc up with my Oxcy Acet torch I tightened the puller up even more then I heard a crack and finally the disce moved a bit .When I removed the puller and the bolts I still had to hammer the disc off with a lump hammer .I found the rim of the hub had rustede itself to the disc,the face of the hub was quite clean .At least its off I polished the hub face and rim and the new disc went on a treat. So just waiting for new brake pads and I can finish the Off side of the car at last Len

FRONT BRAKES 3 weeks 1 day ago #206403

well done Len on the brakes !! good man
The following user(s) said Thank You: digcot65

FRONT BRAKES 2 weeks 3 days ago #206453

Finally finished front O/S brake assembly and cut the N/S bodywork with G3 now need polishing .Then to do the damaged rear bumper and work round the car Len
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

FRONT BRAKES 2 weeks 15 hours ago #206485

Hello I went to the car today,to bleed the recon front caliper but I am unable to get any fluid out of the bleed nipple .I removed the pipe from the caliper and nothing pours or drips out of it,when pressing the brake pedal . I think being an old pipe,when I had it clamped it hasnt recovered and is now blocked .So it wouldnt harm to replace it anyway I will still check how clear it is Ive always found,when you take the pipe off the caliper brake fluid always come out of it .Start one job and another pops up Len

FRONT BRAKES 1 week 6 days ago #206504

Hello I went to the car today,to bleed the recon front caliper but I am unable to get any fluid out of the bleed nipple .I removed the pipe from the caliper and nothing pours or drips out of it,when pressing the brake pedal . I think being an old pipe,when I had it clamped it hasnt recovered and is now blocked .So it wouldnt harm to replace it anyway I will still check how clear it is Ive always found,when you take the pipe off the caliper brake fluid always come out of it .Start one job and another pops up Len

If you choose to use Braide hoses rather than OEM, beware the hose "winding-up" as you tighten the Banjo. There is no anti-rotation/locating "Lug" on the Braided hose. One side of the car (Cannot remember which) the hose WILL tend to move to the wrong position, where suspension & steering movement might put the hose under tension. Pictures of the wire restraint I made, to hold the braided hose in the "Right position is attached.
ALSO: I do NOT like the stainless steel banjo bolts Goodrich & probably other suppliers use. The cross hole goes right through (Only 1 side on OEM) thus reducing strength on what is almost certainly a lower tensile strength (stainless) stell, versus standard plated High-tensile steel. One of my stainless-steel banjos was sheared. See picture at end.
I have replaced all with normal banjos.
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

FRONT BRAKES 1 week 6 days ago #206506

That banjo bolt is a disturbing sight
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

FRONT BRAKES 1 week 6 days ago #206508

Do you have a horse to help you tighten your hardware?
Other than the impressive failure I agree with the comments.
M

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT