Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Proper window alignment - pics? 2 months 1 week ago #205947

Hi all,

Picked up an MG TF recently, not had one before. The drivers window wouldn't go up and down. Took the door card off and not only had it jumped the stop, the glass retention assembly was unbolted rattling around in the bottom of the door.

There are some excellent guides out there on this stuff so I got that all sorted and had a crack and aligning the door and window too. It was pretty shocking before. As you can see from my photos after adjusting it's not too bad now (I think) but I wondered if anyone had photos of how it's supposed to look?

Or if anyone can tell me if mine is more or less correct as it is?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: Inserted pics

Proper window alignment - pics? 2 months 1 week ago #205949

Difficult to judge on your photos but here are some pics of my window fitment.

:welcome2:
David
:shrug:
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Proper window alignment - pics? 2 months 1 week ago #205950

“More or less correct”
I suspect there’ll be more of our cars less correct than we care to admit to. I spent so much time sat on the door sill trying to improve the fit, I ended up with a second crack in my arse running at right angles to the God given crevasse. I would like a better fit, but I’m too old to spend more time making what would be only a marginal improvement.
Nor do I have the vocabulary for such a job. Cobb’s would no doubt be willing to help in this region!
We could do with a bodywork team similar to Jon & Claire at Rough Luck to wander the countryside adjusting panel gaps, sorting windows, getting hard tops to fit & tweaking the hood for the correct tension. And a dozen of other irritating things which no amount of micro adjustments seem to cure, if left to an owner, however skilful they may be.
Just a thought.
M

Last edit: Post by Airportable. Reason: Amendment to Rough Luck, my fat fingered fudged the r & touched the t ending with tough luck. Sorry Jon & Claire.

Proper window alignment - pics? 2 months 1 week ago #205951

Thanks both - I'm happy enough with mine for now then. To be honest it will be sods law the window will jump the door stop next time I put it down and then up again and I'll have to have the door card off to replace those bits anyway.

It's been raining hard so if I get a soggy bottom or feet next time I'm in it I know I've done a crap job. Till then I'll hope for the best!

Proper window alignment - pics? 2 months 1 week ago #205967

“More or less correct”
I suspect there’ll be more of our cars less correct than we care to admit to. I spent so much time sat on the door sill trying to improve the fit, I ended up with a second crack in my arse running at right angles to the God given crevasse. I would like a better fit, but I’m too old to spend more time making what would be only a marginal improvement.
Nor do I have the vocabulary for such a job. Cobb’s would no doubt be willing to help in this region!
We could do with a bodywork team similar to Jon & Claire at Rough Luck to wander the countryside adjusting panel gaps, sorting windows, getting hard tops to fit & tweaking the hood for the correct tension. And a dozen of other irritating things which no amount of micro adjustments seem to cure, if left to an owner, however skilful they may be.
Just a thought.
M

I gather you might’ve thought it odd that I didn’t pounce on that line about the second arse crack,
Well the best I can do at the moment is
I found my arse had a crack in it the other day, so I asked about whilst I’m in hospital……the Doctor told me “it’s more than cracked mate, the bloody thing has a hole in it!”
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Proper window alignment - pics? 2 months 6 days ago #205973

Good man, you’ll have many more searing jokes in your arsenal, start with an old favourite & build until you have, as moderator, to sensor yourself.
M

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT