Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Window won't roll down 2 months 2 weeks ago #205826

Hi All,
The drivers side window on my 2002 TF 135 has suddenly stoped working.
Press the down button and, nothing. - no sound of cogs trying to turn or clicking of electrical contacts!
Passengers side works perfectly.
Where should I start looking?
Thanks,
Mark

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Window won't roll down 2 months 2 weeks ago #205827

Try looking at the switch, is current getting to it? and is the current getting from it to the motor?
The switches get dirty contacts, you can pull them apart and clean the contacts.
If that all checks out, then have a look at the gearbox on the motor, the gearboxes strip out the gears.
You’ll be up for a new motor, if it’s buggered
Let us know how you go with that lot, and if the problem still exists we can guide you further.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Window won't roll down 2 months 2 weeks ago #205829

Thanks Cobber, I'll try pulling out the switch and clean the contacts.
Will let you know if that does the trick.

Window won't roll down 2 months 2 weeks ago #205831

Also swap the switches to find if it' s the switch or the wiring/ motor.
David
:shrug:

Window won't roll down 2 months 2 weeks ago #205833

AU02 that sound antipodean.
And so it has proved.
I was going to ask where you were from wrongly assuming you might be local. If you were I’d send you a spare, if you were very close I’d suggest you bring it over & I’d help you sort it.
The offer remains open but take up would be vanishingly slim & so I’d go with David, swap the switches over.
Does your car have one shot windows, stab the down switch & the window obediently drops? Where that works from is dependant on model; earlier cars with Lucas systems had the module in the drivers footwell & had been known to get damp, packing up in the process. Later Pektron cars had it included in the main box of mysteries.
And welcome, but one word of warning. There’s a chap on here calling himself Cobber, he’s a wiley old bugger, there’s no doubting his knowledge but he might be a descendant of a miscreant from the old country. You know 19 crimes & all that.
Just saying.
M
The following user(s) said Thank You: AU02TF

Last edit: Post by Airportable.

Window won't roll down 2 months 2 weeks ago #205835

I didn’t realise you were here in Oz, but alas you not in Melbourne, otherwise I’d be able to help you sort it.
When my window motor shat itself I replaced it with one from a Holden Commodore,
Can’t remember which model but to replace the R/H side motor of my F I had the use the L/H motor from the Commode, the wiring plug was different, but that was easy fixed by changing to a proper waterproof connection.
Take the dead one to the wrecker’s and drop it on the counter and tell the counter jumper that you want one like that!
Any knowledgeable Holden wrecker will recognise it and get you the correct one.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Window won't roll down 2 months 2 weeks ago #205873

Thanks to all for the input.
Cleaned the switch which made no difference so coffee was in order.
However, after a warm 31deg day here in Adelaide, I jumped into the TF to move it back into its garage and low & behold, the window rolled down. On reflection, I had washed the car the day before and it was after that I found the non-working window. Seems there was a damp connection somewhere and the car on drive - sunny day solved the issue.
Oh, and for your amusement Airportable, it is now considered a bit of status to be able to trace ancestry back to a convict in the family tree. Very Australian!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Airportable

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT