Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Rear suspension 2 years 1 month ago #198758

I recent purchased a TF160 which I intend to run in a handicap sprint championship. The handicap algorithm has a component for rear suspension type but I have been struggling to find an adequate description for the TF.
The multi-link rear axle is actually what can be described as a rigid/live axle with the links controlling longitudinal and transverse movement of the rear wheel - I think.
Hence that would put the TF in the category of rigid axle +trailing arms + coil springs.
Is this correct ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Rear suspension 2 years 1 month ago #198762

I certainly would not describe it as a rigid axle in any way.

Rigid axle is a solid piece going from wheel to wheel. (for example MGB). I had a Gilbern Genie, which used the MGB banjo axle, and multilink with four trailing arms, and single lateral link, and two coilovers. That is what you are describing I believe.

I would describe the TF as independent multilink rear suspension.

What catagories do you have to choose from?

Rear suspension 2 years 1 month ago #198764

Thanks. The other categories have leaf springs. I have found it difficult to read any clear description of the TF rear axle. According to articles that I have read a riigid/ solid rear axle has the differential as part of the axle mechanism, not fixed to the rear subframe. But I have been unable to locate any documents that gives details of the TF configuration. Marketing docs and most published specs are useless in this regard.
The only category which would give me any relief in terms of handicap is “rigid axle, trailing arms and coil springs”

Rear suspension 2 years 1 month ago #198768

Definitely not rigid rear axle.

Differential is not part of the axle, and is inside the gearbox, fixed to engine and subframe.

Suspension is independent rear suspension, and was quite advanced for its time.

Rigid axle multilink

MGTF rear independent multilink
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, Bob, sworkscooper

Last edit: Post by G0RSQ.

Rear suspension 2 years 3 weeks ago #198827

G0RSQ where did you get those modern coloured schematics from
thanks

Mike

Last edit: Post by g4wam.

Rear suspension 2 years 3 weeks ago #198833

Just a google for MGtf rear suspension images.

Rear suspension 2 years 3 weeks ago #198841

Wishbone, lower link, trailing arm and an anti roll bar with an additional adjustable tie bar? Who are you trying to kid? the scrutineers aren't idiots. a more multilink independent rear axle would be hard to describe.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT