Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

drivers seat base has collapsed 4 years 2 months ago #192555

afternoon all,

bar a wheel bearing (that went from fine to grinding like mad in the space of 3 miles!), my MGF has been behaving itself this last year, although I have noticed that my drivers seat seems to be a lot lower than it was.

Are the seat bases interchangeable? If that is the case, I'll swap in my passenger one for now and source a decent replacement seat down the line.

I have tried a forum search and couldn't find anything conclusive either way, so thought I had best check before pulling the car apart.

It's a '96F, btw, not sure if that matters

Please Log in to join the conversation.

drivers seat base has collapsed 4 years 2 months ago #192557

Going by part numbers, I'd say that they are not interchangeable.

A couple years ago, my wife mentioned that the passenger seat in my F wasn't comfortable, she sank down into the seat. I found the support structure intact but stretched. I repaired it using a nylon strap woven back and forth through the metal seat base structure. She finds the seat much more comfortable now.

My 1996 Discovery has a similar type of foam support structure and it broke on the driver's seat this past fall. I repaired it using a nylon strap woven back and forth through the metal seat base structure. 6 months on and the nylon strap is working fine.

Mark
95 MGF
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: TaffMGF

drivers seat base has collapsed 4 years 2 months ago #192572

….Are the seat bases interchangeable?.....

Sort of. The big difference in the seats is the location of the knob for the seat back but stripped down they are basically the same.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT