Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

body under pan 6 years 9 months ago #179481

is it an MOT failure if you have two bolts missing from the floor pan?, as two of the nuts under the floor came away from the inner floor, don't know if I should just have it welded for now, or should I try and see if it passes the MOT, really need Help on this one any advise gladly taken,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

body under pan 6 years 9 months ago #179483

I would think it depends on how fussy your MOT tester is. Technically, I think the underfloor pan contributes to the structural rigidity of the car so COULD I suppose be considered an MOT failure if a couple of bolts are missing,
Robin ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: graham1

body under pan 6 years 9 months ago #179484

thank you will have to get it sorted for next year,

body under pan 6 years 9 months ago #179487

Mine passed it's MoT with two bolts missing. One each side wouldn't go back in.

body under pan 6 years 9 months ago #179503

thanks, I have two on the front n/s front, it has been a pain from the beginning I am at a loss, I have changed the front and rear ball joints with help form this site, the track rod ends and the drop links front and rear, put stainless steel water pipes on it, bonnet two doors, new disc's and pads front and rear. new clutch slave cylinder rubbers, oh and a used soft top, and cover only to find now I have to have the n/s rear sill welded , I am a little worried about the hand brake, it holds but I have suspicions it may fail on the MOT, still I have until next year to sort it all out, have replaced the rear exhaust but need a front pipe , you really need deep pockets for these cars , I should have stuck to my push bike lol

body under pan 6 years 9 months ago #179506

I can't see 2 missing bolts being a problem, only 2 bolts in would be a problem.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Re:RE: body under pan 6 years 9 months ago #179511

is it an MOT failure if you have two bolts missing from the floor pan?, as two of the nuts under the floor came away from the inner floor, don't know if I should just have it welded for now, or should I try and see if it passes the MOT, really need Help on this one any advise gladly taken,

No I've had no problems and I've a couple of bolts gone walkies, all depends on the M.O.T tester, I'd say advisory at the most really as long as it's not swinging on a couple of nuts only then everything should be just fine

Sent from my GT-I9195I using Tapatalk

Last edit: Post by Bertl. Reason: offending wording removed

Re:RE: body under pan 6 years 9 months ago #179512

thank you all for your help, will fit the bolts some how just need a bible and a set of dice because I will need a prayer and a lot of luck.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT