Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Brake upgrade 6 years 11 months ago #178074

I'm in the middle of a major brake review of the f, after some seriously heavy braking to avoid a accident & was wondering if anyone has any comments on MG Mania 280mm disc modification. Any update tips are welcome; I have replaced the seals, fitted braided hoses & a servo brace.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Brake upgrade 6 years 11 months ago #178075

There is a train of thought which says changing your rear pads for green stuff helps and if you have the cash the front also
In a test this was better that the 280 rear brake conversion
BILSTIEN DAMPERS, 4-2-1 MANIFOLD, HEAD WORK BY SABRE.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Airportable

Brake upgrade 6 years 11 months ago #178076

I fitted MGMania 280mm discs to the front of my last F and found them to be a big improvement. I've got a full set for my current car but haven't got around to fitting them yet.

Overall, I would say that they are worth the money.
Robin ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Airportable

Brake upgrade 6 years 11 months ago #178082

TF160 brakes are the obvious option. Requires certain wheels though.

If upgrading to larger discs without any change to the callipers or pads, you'll probably reduce any brake fade with repeated applications but maximum braking force will remain the same.

Edit: it seems the larger disc kit moves the calliper, so does have increased brake force.

Last edit: Post by Maddog1950.

Brake upgrade 6 years 11 months ago #178096

Thanks chaps, I have the four pots on the tf so know what a difference that makes, but I want to keep the f as original as possible with its 15” wheels. However I do want to avoid another sphincter squeaker & so I'll probably go with the 280mm discs & green stuff when funds allow & my wife is looking in the opposite direction. She has already noticed hacked out metal, body panel bits from the scrappy, some welding & me pricing up a respray!

Brake upgrade 6 years 11 months ago #178189

Give me a call on 07778 149632 for a 280mm front disc kit AND PAGID pads for £200 including UK delivery

In the real world PAGID will out perform Green Stuff!

Peter MGFMania.com

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT