Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Which washer jets 7 years 5 months ago #173859

When I bought the mg only one was working - so bought a set off eBay. Both working now but single jets. Any one bought any recently with fan jet types?

Thanks in advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Which washer jets 7 years 5 months ago #173861

Citroen xzara one are a popular upgrade.

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, Tiger78

Re:Which washer jets 7 years 5 months ago #173863

Citroen xzara one are a popular upgrade.

Thanks Andy

Which washer jets 7 years 5 months ago #173865

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
Peugeot, Citroën, Fiat use the same part apparently.

Pair of Front Mist Type Windscreen Water Washer Spray Jets Fiat Citroen Peugeot
Completed
as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, Bob

Which washer jets 7 years 5 months ago #173866

The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob

Which washer jets 7 years 5 months ago #173882

I had the same problem and tried the Xsara jets. These are not adjustable (or at least the ones I got were not). The jet stream hit just below the wiper arms and basically, was useless. I tried various ways of trying to get the washers to hit the windscreen but gave up, went down to Halfords and got some washers jets that fitted and were adjustable.

Re:Which washer jets 7 years 5 months ago #173924

I had the same problem and tried the Xsara jets. These are not adjustable (or at least the ones I got were not). The jet stream hit just below the wiper arms and basically, was useless. I tried various ways of trying to get the washers to hit the windscreen but gave up, went down to Halfords and got some washers jets that fitted and were adjustable.

That was the same with mine although made and angl piece of rubber to adjust. They are still just one jet each and pretty poor. I will check the link out above and adapt. Not sure how big the tank is on the tf - the only downside will be having to fill loads

Re:Which washer jets 7 years 5 months ago #173945

Here in Oz we didn't get the full model ranges of Shitroens @ Poogoats, I just went went down to the wreckers yard (you call em breakers) and pinched an assortment of fan spray washer jets off all the French crap they had.
Then I went through them until I found the set that was best fit for the holes in the bonnet.
I find they work great, the only problem is I can't remember which model the jets I'm using came from.

Maybe the problem of some jets aiming too low, could be that even though the jets from various different models look the same, they might actually be different, due to the different bonnet and windscreen angles on those various models.
It wouldn't be the first time that an ebay seller has mistakenly (or deliberately) quoted that their part fits more models than it actually does, due to the fact that it looks the same.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Which washer jets 7 years 5 months ago #173979

I fitted the Citroen ones too. Yes they are a bit low, but the spray does tend to come up over the windscreen when driving and the coverage is pretty good. Also they do not seem to ice up as bad as the standard OEM ones. I did think about modifying them so they aim a bit higher, but then I though, no need, they are doing the job ok.

Sundance

Which washer jets 7 years 5 months ago #173984

Avoid the chrome jets you can buy. They look great, but freeze in an instant, even with neat low temp screen wash in the reservoir.
Had to stop and pee on the windscreen on Friday night so I could clear the smeared salt and crud...the jets were frozen solid.

Which washer jets 7 years 5 months ago #173993

Avoid the chrome jets you can buy. They look great, but freeze in an instant, even with neat low temp screen wash in the reservoir.
Had to stop and pee on the windscreen on Friday night so I could clear the smeared salt and crud...the jets were frozen solid.

That image is going to be stuck in my brain for some time! :omg: :bust:
David
:shrug:

Which washer jets 7 years 4 months ago #173998

There was a thread on another site about these jets and it turned out that the cheap ebay ones were not v good but the oem ones were fine [ but were dearer ]
BILSTIEN DAMPERS, 4-2-1 MANIFOLD, HEAD WORK BY SABRE.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.970 seconds