Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

november 5th 7 years 5 months ago #173162

Call me humbug if you like but fireworks get on my wick.......it scares the pets you care for and just basically makes some older folks life hell......i went out to look at what sounded like air bombs going off above my house and wanted to know which niegbour was launching them.........it was nobody in our road......it was a pub half a mile away..i love it when it totally hisses it down on bonfire night and i hate picking up discarded fireworks that have landed in my garden...humbug
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob

Please Log in to join the conversation.

november 5th 7 years 5 months ago #173163

Humbug... :bust:
:coat:

...But I tend to agree... ;)
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgtfbluestreak

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

november 5th 7 years 5 months ago #173164

Not just pets either, i'm in touch with a lot of people from Combat Stress who are literally hiding in rooms with ear defenders on tonight trying to keep it all together. Feeling a bit twitchy myself tonight and i've made a lot of progress with my PTSD, in previous years i have been in tears on the 5th of November. Doesn't help being so close to remembrance day as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, mgtfbluestreak

november 5th 7 years 5 months ago #173165

It wouldn't be so bad if it was one or two nights a year, say the nearest Saturday to the 5th and New Years Eve but it seems to be two weeks, and every day, before the 5th.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

november 5th 7 years 5 months ago #173167

The older I get the more I hate it. :rant:

Wish I was young again :lol:

november 5th 7 years 5 months ago #173168

if i had a time machine i would change november the 5th by going back in time a inserting a air bomb repeater up the arse of guy falkes and light it!
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

november 5th 7 years 5 months ago #173173

Quite like them myself and my dogs....all bloody six of them don't bat an eyelid, so anyway, its off to Alton towers tomoz to ride some coasters and see the biggest organised firework display in the UK.
Riding Nemesis in the dark is nearly as good as roof down at night on the Buxton to Macclesfield road!
Can't wait!

Sundance

november 5th 7 years 5 months ago #173175

Can't beat the fireworks in Bilbao during fiesta week in August, 8 nights of massive displays lasting 20 minutes each and almost as good 4 miles away out side the mother in laws flat as they are close to.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

november 5th 7 years 5 months ago #173182

Up in Brisbane, they have them so often that they seem to deem it worthy to have fireworks to celebrate the opening of a tin of baked beans! :nonod:
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

november 5th 7 years 5 months ago #173183

Properly organised displays FREE to the public should be the only thing happening on 5th of November.

Ban the domestic sale of fireworks.

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)
The following user(s) said Thank You: smudger69

november 5th 7 years 5 months ago #173187

Not just pets either, i'm in touch with a lot of people from Combat Stress who are literally hiding in rooms with ear defenders on tonight trying to keep it all together. Feeling a bit twitchy myself tonight and i've made a lot of progress with my PTSD, in previous years i have been in tears on the 5th of November. Doesn't help being so close to remembrance day as well.

I had never considered that angle :nonod: .
It makes me feel that maybe noisy fireworks should be banned entirely to be honest. :yesnod:
The manufacturers can and do produce spectacular fireworks that are silent. Seems a better idea all around!
David
:shrug:

november 5th 7 years 5 months ago #173188

Call me humbug if you like but fireworks get on my wick.......it scares the pets you care for and just basically makes some older folks life hell......i went out to look at what sounded like air bombs going off above my house and wanted to know which niegbour was launching them.........it was nobody in our road......it was a pub half a mile away..i love it when it totally hisses it down on bonfire night and i hate picking up discarded fireworks that have landed in my garden...humbug

......................i agree, i must be a humbug too, although they didnt freak out my 6 month old pup.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT