Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Rear View Camera & Monitor 7 years 9 months ago #170126

Hi guys,

Just thinking about fitting a rear view camera to one of my cars. Anyone got any recommendations? I see Auto-Vox do replacement (https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_pg_1?srs=3548344031&rh=i%3Aspecialty-aps%2Ck%3AREAR+VIEW+MIRROR&keywords=REAR+VIEW+MIRROR&ie=UTF8&qid=1448362352) rear view mirror which looks interesting but you would lose the courtesy down lights/reading lamps built into the original mirror if I were to fit one to my TF.

Thanks in advance for any comments and suggestions.

willyphixitt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Rear View Camera & Monitor 7 years 9 months ago #170136

That looks a neat bit of kit. :yesnod: It should be possible to fit some alternative down lights in the windscreen surround.

I'm sure I've seen something similar on ebay that actually clips onto the existing rear view mirror.
David
:shrug:

Rear View Camera & Monitor 7 years 9 months ago #170138

Invalid or non-existent item ID.
David

Rear View Camera & Monitor 7 years 9 months ago #170151

Hi David - I've been wracking my brain as to how to replace the built in lamps of the oem rear view mirror. Ther's a clip on version but I would be nervous of the additional weight hung on the glued on mount. Using the rear view mirror does make to a neat solution. I would be tempted to fit an overide switch so that you have rear vision for when the hood's up and spacial awareness is reduced because of the hood. Like all MGers hood down is best.

TTFN

willyphixitt

Rear View Camera & Monitor 7 years 9 months ago #170152

I think I would probably run wires up inside the windscreen surround and position a couple of 12v led lights either side of the mirror position. You can fit a switch anywhere convenient.:shrug:
David

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Rear View Camera & Monitor 7 years 9 months ago #170154

It might be that they've cocked up on the price with this one. So, you'd best be quick. :woohoo:

Car Rearview mirror monitor 4.3" TFT LCD Rear view Backup Color Monitor Screen
Completed

Rear View Camera & Monitor 7 years 9 months ago #170156

That's only the mirror screen. No camera, plus it's from China.
David

Rear View Camera & Monitor 7 years 9 months ago #170205

Works great and is superb in the dark. I had to make a bezel and then fitted it under the number plate inside the wire mesh grille...

Sundance

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: added widget
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.886 seconds