Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Back doors smashed in.. 8 years 8 months ago #161866

Spend last week tidying up the rust spots on the arches, some bugger in a white van at a roundabout has run up my back and creased the bumper.., insurance are being very cagey due to its age and mileage... Not best impressed at the minute......

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Back doors smashed in.. 8 years 8 months ago #161867

Oh dear, hope your ok.

Is it your insurance or theirs being cagey??

Stand your ground mate, it's not your fault so it shouldn't inconvenience you!!

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)

Back doors smashed in.. 8 years 8 months ago #161870

Mine as they saying its age and mileage, they hinting it maybe uneconical repair. New bumper, painting with labour has got to be pushing a grand in a repair shop. Just Under £40 those of us that fix our cars with bits from eBay. My worry is what damage has been done underneath the bumper that's not immediately visible. So I want it looking at by a proper garage.

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Bertl. Reason: pics inserted

Back doors smashed in.. 8 years 8 months ago #161872

Think you'll be looking at possibly a new crash can and a bumper.

Maybe £150 off the bay of the e for the two, nice common colour goes in your favour.

Have you thought of asking white van tit for cash and no insurance involved??

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)

Back doors smashed in.. 8 years 8 months ago #161877

Insurance are taking it away to hopefully sort it out.. Wonder what hire car I will get... M series BMW, Porche 911, Ferrari.
Last time I had a Peugeot 107, I couldn't even go out in it as a family with three kids don't fit in the back. Not enough seat belts. I had a people carrier for a good reason. But that didn't matter for 11 weeks while they repaired my car

Back doors smashed in.. 8 years 8 months ago #161884

When my mondeo got smashed all down the side i took it in for arranged repair and they brought me a 1.6 astra as a courtesy car. I simply rejected it because in my insurance it stated that the courtesy car would of of similar size and engine size. When i told them that they took it back and brought me an insignia instead which i had for a few weeks. Check what it says on your insurance under courtesy cars, it might say the same as mine did.

Back doors smashed in.. 8 years 8 months ago #161936

I've got a VW Up. Really basic model No remote central locking, a hand windy thing that makes the windows go up and down, not seen one of those for a while.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT