Sign In   Register

Topic

Tyres 8 years 9 months ago #161715

You will find different load ratings for the same tyre type because they produce them in different specs. I think this is where a lot of people go wrong they fit a type of tyre without specifying rating.

Normally higher speed rated tyres are also higher load rated.

I'll be interested to hear your opinion on the Nankangs in the wet. They usually don't get a good write up for wet handling performance.

The beauty of it is if they prove to be pants in the wet it's not really a problem as I can simply use another car. This is the up side of having more than one MGF on the road B) .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Tyres 8 years 9 months ago #161746

Greetings to all. Have had the Proxes fitted to the front today. They are of the new compound where as the rears are the old compound as previously discussed in earlier postings. The news is good. Have been out on the M25 and what a difference. Very sure footed and no wandering. Took her just above the national speed limit and she felt secure. Cornering was also achieved without due concerns and felt confident. Be interesting to see how she does in the wet although I rarely use when inclement. I'm assuming once I've taken a few miles off the rubber, they'll feel even better.

So endeth this story. Thanks once again everyone for your input, most appreciated.

Regards and happy trails
Rick
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT