Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Fitted the exhaust onto teh 75th 8 years 11 months ago #159382

Well as "Elsie" is laid up for a while whilst she had some issues sorted and some TLC I robbed her exhaust for the 75th:-

Which not only looks betetr but sounds better. the factory original was just too quiet and in poor condition now:-

The RHS tail pipe is broken off. So she looks much better now at least IMHO B) :broon: .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fitted the exhaust onto teh 75th 8 years 11 months ago #159398

Nice!!

That makes the rear end look much smarter matey

Fitted the exhaust onto teh 75th 8 years 11 months ago #159401

Agreed, it looks like a proper MG now :yesnod:

Fitted the exhaust onto teh 75th 8 years 11 months ago #159415

Thank you both!

The chrome on the tips is nott he best quality. And the note is not excessive just a little deeper and louder. As I said before it reminds me now of the note of an MGB. Have not had a chance to really see how she performas and how it sounds with the throttle open as there is still the alignment and tyres to sort out before that is a good idea. So gentile runs to test for niggles and bed the new brakes in is the order of the day here.

Fitted the exhaust onto teh 75th 8 years 11 months ago #159438

She looks really nice! You're doing a cracking job on her :yesnod:
Robin ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Plezier

Fitted the exhaust onto teh 75th 8 years 11 months ago #159443

By the weekend she will have a pair of new tyres on the front then next week hopefully the Falken 914's will arrive from Germany and then they will be fitted then we can get the alignment done with the new tyres all fitted. Meanwhile the leather covered Grey arm rest is now a reddish colour. It's too purple really but it will have to do for now:-

The colour looks like it might be good for touching up the wear ont he Rover 75's steering wheel as she has the Personal Line Aubergine interior

Last edit: Post by Plezier. Reason: Added photos

Re:Fitted the exhaust onto teh 75th 8 years 11 months ago #159445

I'm sure you mentioned elsewhere but what make is this exhaust? I'd like something with a little more 'presence' than the factory standard, but don't want a full sports roar.

Re:Fitted the exhaust onto teh 75th 8 years 11 months ago #159447

I'm sure you mentioned elsewhere but what make is this exhaust? I'd like something with a little more 'presence' than the factory standard, but don't want a full sports roar.

The exhaust rear box is a Bosal Mild steel one with chromed tips. No obtrustive at all. I bought it from:-

www.ClickCarParts.co.uk

They were most helpful and the price was good. I won't mention how much I paid as that was back in 2014 and the prices are prbably differnet now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WeekendMonkey

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT