Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Remapping, pros and cons? 8 years 11 months ago #159346

A new company has started up about 10 miles away from me who offers a re-mapping service claiming "upto 15% economy and 35% power increase", now im not taking these figures on board without a rather large pinch of salt but has anyone else had this done? What can i expect to find after its been completed. A few people have had this done by the reviews and they all seem happy. Ive given him my cars details and asked what to expect from him and also the price which will be a big deciding factor. He also offers a 100% no quibble money back guarantee so really theres nothing to loose unless it has a way of damaging the engine over time...

So, anyone else had this service carried out and was there any benefit?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Remapping, pros and cons? 8 years 11 months ago #159348

Have a read here http://www.zandf-tuning.co.uk/#!page-7

Remapping, pros and cons? 8 years 11 months ago #159352

Be aware that only mems3 ecus :yesnod: can be remapped.
David
:shrug:

Remapping, pros and cons? 8 years 11 months ago #159364

I spoke to z and f about remapping my 135 .. with the sports exhaust and k and n air filter he estimated around the 150 bhp bracket although he said could be more could be less

increase in fuel economy , a crispier throttle response and irons out any flat spots in the rev range ,can add exhaust burble and increase rev limiter to 7200 rpm

z and f was the guy responsible for all standard rover and mg ecu maps ... he knows the ecus inside out and knows what can be removed such as the emissions crap that was programmed in to make it uk and eu road legal..

getting these guys to work there magic is on my wish list

they charge 240 quid btw

Remapping, pros and cons? 8 years 11 months ago #159377

Heres the full conversation via facebook messenger. Not brilliantly laid out but you get the idea of what they offer.

Hi, what advantages and price can you offer for an MG MGF VVC 1.8l 146HP? Its 1999 T reg model.

Thanks,

Thomas.

Black Code Remaps Southwest

Good evening, thankyou for your enquiry. If you give me the vehicle registration then I'll be able to give you the options many thanks

Thomas 'Sith' Maull

Thanks, Its T533 DPP. The performance is what im really after, its quick but i just feel theres more to be extracted from the K-series engine.

Okay I'll see what I can do, I'll message you in the morning when I have my laptop many thanks

Thomas 'Sith' Maull

No problem, its current (or was when made) running 146 HP, recently serviced, new leads and plugs, redex'd the system and K&N panel filter installed. The nature of the engine dosent really begin to pull until the 3/4,000 RPM mark and the performance isnt fantastic unless you keep it in that range or above, it goes to 8,000 rpm. Hope all this makes sense?

Okay that's a good base to start from, it being the vvt naturally it will be more noticeable at higher rpm, but we can make adjustments to improve these things, many thanks

Thomas 'Sith' Maull

OK, look forward to hearing from you.

Good afternoon, further to our discussion last night, we can expect to see an increase of around 10% on your current power, increased throttle response smoother power delivery, I would need to see the car to make sure the ecu is mappable as some of that model need to be unlocked. Many thanks

Thomas 'Sith' Maull

Thanks for that, what would the cost be?

At the moment £250 on offer, fully warranted, mechanically and software with a 30day money back guarantee
Today

Thomas 'Sith' Maull

Ok thanks, im getting quotes from a few places so will let you know.

END.

So hes offering a 10% power increase, around 14HP more which is all im interested in really, but 14hp for £250?? not for me i think. i wasnt expecting 50hp or even 40hp but then again, i wasnt expecting a £250 bill either. Think i'll pass on this one.

Remapping, pros and cons? 8 years 11 months ago #159379

If you were expecting 40 or 50 extra horses and think that it needs it then I think you need to be looking at a different car altogether.

IMHO 150bhp in a standard Mgf is more than adequate for the type of car it is.

To go upto nearly 200bhp you'd have to spend serious money on brake and suspension upgrades.

A sorted vvc is a real hoot down the lanes and, after all, isn't that what it was designed for??

absolute power isn't the absolute answer :pop:

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)

Last edit: Post by Andy Lawrence.

Remapping, pros and cons? 8 years 11 months ago #159380

I think you made a good decision there as after all someone who cannot even get the name correct of the Rover unit ................................... it's VVC, obviously does not know that much. As far as I am aware when makign enquiries about mapping the early Mems 1.9 and Mems 2J is not compatabble hence things like the Super Chips piggy back ECU whom claim about 8% on a NSAP engine.

Re:Remapping, pros and cons? 8 years 11 months ago #159400

Theres only one team to remap an F or TF, and thats Z&F in the UK. Their experience, professional service and tune have to be the ultimate for these cars. Im in Australia and I used them. Just sent them my ECU. The car has the top level remap with slight burble on over run dialled in.
I love it.
You are in the UK, so why waste your time with these other blokes that promise you the world but have bugger all experience with these cars?
Ken

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Remapping, pros and cons? 8 years 11 months ago #159403

Trust me, im not going to let them do it. Curiosity killed this cat though with the price quoted. Personally i would rather give the £250 to the body shop and let them sort out the few little scratches and clean up the bodywork for me instead.

Re:Remapping, pros and cons? 8 years 11 months ago #159425

Re:Remapping, pros and cons? 8 years 11 months ago #159426

Have I gone deaf

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT