Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Suspension pump up pump help required. 9 years 20 hours ago #158203

complete with the low loss adaptor.

All I have managed to do is drain about 50ml of fluid from the car, not pump it up as I wanted.

Can anyone just confirm how to pump up the car please.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Suspension pump up pump help required. 9 years 20 hours ago #158206

Odd as I bought one and have used it to set the ride height. I must admit that it was a bit of a pain not to spill the fluid everywhere. I will be using mine again soon to put soem jluid into the 75th's system as it's about empty riht now after the front sub frame swap. I did go the the garage and get the air out and the pressure set as the gauge is not reliable to my way of thinking.

Suspension pump up pump help required. 9 years 20 hours ago #158207

You could be making the mistake I did when I first got mine, make sure the low loss connector is screwed all the way open when you connect it to the fill valves once connected do not open the valve with the low loss connector or the fluid will come out much faster than you could pump it in, it works by opening and closing the valve each time you pump.
The other thing to make sure you do its to pump it till fluid comes out to expel air in the pipe before you connect to the valve.
Gary

Suspension pump up pump help required. 9 years 19 hours ago #158209

Have a look at the Hydragas Register, it explains it all there _ those grease gun type pumps are not the easiest to use.

You must fill the pipe up first before fully connecting to the inlet valve.

Remember that the system has 400 psi in it.

Suspension pump up pump help required. 9 years 18 hours ago #158210

Cheers guys, seems like I was doing it correctly in the end (yes, I did first try with the easy bleed valve screwed all the way in),

Remember that the system has 400 psi in it.

Yes, I started with 250psi and got up to 220 with the trick in brackets above.

I think I may lift the wheels off the ground to get some pressure in there quickly to start.

Suspension pump up pump help required. 8 years 11 months ago #158230

How are you getting on with your pump up ????

Suspension pump up pump help required. 8 years 11 months ago #158267

Thanks for asking Bryan but since posting the thread I have been working, start at 6 a.m. and not home until after 5 on Monday, went straight to my welding class on Tuesday and to day am trying to destress my wife who is flying out to her mums in a few hours.

I will update the thread when there is any progress.

Suspension pump up pump help required. 8 years 11 months ago #158269

Thank you, for update. :-)

Suspension pump up pump help required. 8 years 11 months ago #158670

I spent a lot of time over the weekend trying to get it to work but just couldn't get any pressure so gave up thinking the pump was faulty. Today I tried to find a local garage with a pump but no luck.

Then tonight I thought, monkeys, let's try neat anti-freeze rather than 50/50. Bleed it through the hose, loosly fitted the valve to the car and two pumps to clear the air, tightened the valve and pressure..... I raised her 20mm in 45 minutes............

Suspension pump up pump help required. 8 years 11 months ago #158671

It would be worth taking the grease gun apart and looking what the fit is like on the piston, only I bought a cheap chinese one with the intention of making a pump out of it but the piston was a really poor fit so I made one out of nylon, it pumps grease really well! but if you need a new piston and can give me dimensions I should be able to make you one if it will help you.

Suspension pump up pump help required. 8 years 11 months ago #158689

I use normal Hydralastic fluid in mine and have had no problems. I soon relaised the gauges is a joke so just measure the ride height and ignore the gauge.

Last edit: Post by Plezier.

Suspension pump up pump help required. 8 years 11 months ago #158765

It would be worth taking the grease gun apart and looking what the fit is like on the piston, only I bought a cheap chinese one with the intention of making a pump out of it but the piston was a really poor fit so I made one out of nylon, it pumps grease really well! but if you need a new piston and can give me dimensions I should be able to make you one if it will help you.

Cheers for the offer but the piston in this one is metal and a good fit.

Last edit: Post by talkingcars.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.351 seconds