Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Sealing mgtf liners 9 years 1 month ago #157269

Folks need some help here . Had a alternator belt wrap itself around the crank and long story short wreaked the valves . Picked up a second hand head and got here going but steaming like a old train . One of the liners moved when fitting so I guess it needs sealed . Is there anyway I can seal these with the head off and avoid the sump

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Sealing mgtf liners 9 years 1 month ago #157271

Yes it is possible to reseal the liners from the top. I know Russell of MGRoversolutions has done it.
David
:shrug:

Re:Sealing mgtf liners 9 years 1 month ago #157280

Thanks for that . Finding it impossible to find out the procedure . Any idea folks as I'm nearing the end of my nightmare and don't want to mess up at the last hurdle

Sealing mgtf liners 9 years 1 month ago #157290

If a liner seal had gone, then you will get water in the sump, not steam, unless the steam is coming out of the oil filler cap!

Where is the steam coming from?

When i did my head gasket, I had steam from the exhaust for a few hours, as I presume a lot of water had gone into the exhaust, though not sure how!

It did eventually clear up, and not lost a drop of water since!

Also inlet manifold gasket, and of course head gasket, can case steam from the exhaust!

Peter

Re:Sealing mgtf liners 9 years 1 month ago #157297

Found the issue last night . Totally gutted as I've the head all fitted with new valves and ready to lift on . Cylinder no2 liner is cracked ,

Re:Sealing mgtf liners 9 years 1 month ago #157302

:( Bad luck. :hugs:
David
:shrug:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT