Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MG Enthusiast - January 2015 - out today 9 years 4 months ago #154045

The January 2015 edition, out today, at http://www.mgenthusiast.com has a 5 page feature MGFMania’s new big brake kit, and their own VVC MGF on pages 66-70

Simon Goldsworthy, the Editor, has kindly given us permission to publish the feature. It is Alan Crossley, not me, on P66 who developed our rear kit and is shown fitting the front kit

Three of the pages are about our 1997 MGF, which Sonya has owned since 2008, and our past 6 years ownership experience

Rob Hawkins, who wrote the article, is the long term owner of a 1996 MGF and compares it to our 1997 VVC in his feature: http://freepdfhosting.com/0c112cf7be.pdf
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, cairnsys

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by mgfmania. Reason: links

MG Enthusiast - January 2015 - out today 9 years 4 months ago #154046

Great write up Peter!

The red hood you sorted me with that glass rear screen is still going strong, and now on my Silver TF! You are doing a great job not only selling parts/upgrades, but also still LOVING the car you sell them for!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgfmania

MG Enthusiast - January 2015 - out today 9 years 4 months ago #154047

Excellent bit of work and shows people that there is still a strong passion for these cars and their heritage ranging from the young to the old.

MG Enthusiast - January 2015 - out today 9 years 4 months ago #154049

Great write up Peter!

The red hood you sorted me with that glass rear screen is still going strong, and now on my Silver TF! You are doing a great job not only selling parts/upgrades, but also still LOVING the car you sell them for!

What happened to the Nightfire red F with the TF front?

MG Enthusiast - January 2015 - out today 9 years 4 months ago #154052

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
I'm disappointed...

Where was your assistant Sonia :)

MG Enthusiast - January 2015 - out today 9 years 4 months ago #154053

I'm disappointed...

Where was your assistant Sonia :)

Too busy showing her 'pair of straps'...over 35,000 views...

MG Enthusiast - January 2015 - out today 9 years 4 months ago #154089

What straps!!!!!!

MG Enthusiast - January 2015 - out today 9 years 4 months ago #154090

I got my copy three days ago, Great article Peter. noticed the deliberate mistake!!!! measure the ride height on an F 368mm fro the ground up to the top of the arch!!!!!!!!!!!

Have told Simon that I noticed it!!!

Think your big brakes will be popular as fitting on the existing calipers and under the 15'' wheels. :woohoo:

MG Enthusiast - January 2015 - out today 9 years 4 months ago #154093

Great article a lot of passion
I agree the 280mm disc with std caliper=std pads is as good as 304/AP4pots
But it's not right to claim larger surface or swept surf, because you are using the same calipers that means the same pistons area, the longer braking arm (+20 mm) is the real effect
I developed my own 280mm kit and now I'm running 304 because in Italy you cannot homologate the 280, I carried out all drawings and calculation verifying equivalent perf between 280 and 304
I suggest to Develop effective servo bracket and even also reinforce the driver side panel, where pedal is bolted .... You will obtain a true concrete beam .... Obviously braided hoses are mandatory
Regards from Rome - Italy
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, mgfmania

MG Enthusiast - January 2015 - out today 9 years 4 months ago #154095

Thanks, shame I didn't fit my new Freestyle Exhaust Trims before the photos were taken

Alan was working on a trackday Elise (the MGF kit car version...lol) and I noticed it had the same size (ventilated) discs R&R. After discussing it with Alan and mentioning that I had been waiting for someone to make me a set of 280mm rears, as VHS only offered 266mm. Alan made them the same day! 280mm discs all round certainly give better balance than 304/240, on every revolution of the wheel the swept area is 25% greater on a 280mm disc than a 240mm...
Alan made us a Servo Brace several years ago and fits them to our customers cars:

Last edit: Post by mgfmania.

MG Enthusiast - January 2015 - out today 9 years 4 months ago #154098

Nice article and it's always good to read about the MGF being appreciated. I'm pleased though that my experience of 16 wheels with the same sized Toyos all-round has been better than yours although I was initially surprised at just how different the handling was compared to the standard 15 inch set up. Nice though that your bigger brakes will fit with my 16 inch square spokes without spacers.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Re:MG Enthusiast - January 2015 - out today 9 years 4 months ago #154101

What happened to the Nightfire red F with the TF front?

Still got her. No MOT at the moment. One of my mates wants her so she'll live again.... Just not with the red roof or leather interior lol.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT