Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MGTF Tyres 9 years 7 months ago #150776

Having had some excellent advice with regards to sorting out a misfire on my car, I want to turn my attention to tyres. The car has come along to me with a rather mixed bag of all sorts on it.

Would I be right in thinking that Toyo Proxes are a good idea to fit all round the car?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MGTF Tyres 9 years 7 months ago #150777

There has been much discussion and debate on tyres and wheel sizes on this forum. David Aiketgate has pulled it all together into a How To here for 16 inch wheels and here for 15/17 inch wheels

For info, I have Toyo Proxes on my F with 15 inch wheels and I find them fine.
Robin ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markw

Last edit: Post by cairnsys.

MGTF Tyres 9 years 7 months ago #150778

Thanks for that I have 15" alloys on mine.

Im not too fussed about the car snapping away from me in the wet on islands or handling a bit oddly.

My daily driver is a BMW M5 so anything other than bright warm days Im used to driving like a Nun.

MGTF Tyres 9 years 7 months ago #150779

I Had Toyo's on mine but they wear a little too quickly for me, 10k fronts were still going strong tho' at 15k.

I changed from Toyo's and are on GT Radials there's not a great deal of difference just that they seem to be wearing better.

As long as you don't mix them, and to be honest that's not 100% true. I've mixed brands due to the fact fronts and rears wear at different rates, and not noticed any difference. I think you'll find that all the issues are related to the 16" wheel sizes and the TF's in particular. Make sure that they are XL Rated for Load, you'll need the extra stiff side wall. Also if you are having difficulty getting the 185's for the front try 195x50x15 there's usually more choice to choose from.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT