Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Hello peeps, Im still around 10 years 5 months ago #134447

Have I missed much, feeling a bit sorry for myself over the last few months, after the mk1 decided to break on me I decided to give up on her I bought it cheap and most of the money bar the head gasket was spent on extras, I decided to sell off a few bits and put the rest on the freestyle which I put through the mot absolutely fine, I had been driving it around for a bit and the downpipe snapped on the flexi joint so I parked it up till I could find time to sort it out,so started driving the rover 45 around then last week a nice 19yo lad decided not to take any notice of me stopped at a junction and all I can say is that his landrover defender with bull bars and winch came off a hell of a lot better than the rover did, so I decided to jump back in the freestyle with the exhaust blowing, to now discover that it has a rattly sound from the engine, most likely a tappet or hydraulic lifter, so that was it I just about had enough so now the freestyle is listed on ebay, the mk1 is heading for the scrapyard once I have salvaged enough parts to get some money back on. and the rover 45 is also heading for the scrapyard again once everything is taken out (the young driver sorted out a cash deal to not go through his insurance ) so I now have a nice red Honda civic aerodeck as replacement for the rover family car and I still have the TF which I will be keeping with hopefully more luck with this one.

Freestyle and TF for Sale Mk1 work in progress, well it never stops does it lol

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hello peeps, Im still around 10 years 5 months ago #134452

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Nice to hear from you Craig.

Sorry to hear of your woes: glad you are getting back on top.

Your ex hard top is back on our TF with a nice black leather liner.
Almost a year since we met up: where does time go? You made us most welcome.

All the best, J &S.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Hello peeps, Im still around 10 years 5 months ago #134457

Good to hear from you again despite your woes.
Hope the TF keeps going well but I think you will be lucky to get much for your freestyle on ebay.
There are some really tidy cars fetching around £500 :(
Sorry Jaylad ;)

Last edit: Post by Forrester.

Hello peeps, Im still around 10 years 5 months ago #134462

Was worried about you mate.. Used to see you posting a lot.. Then nothing..

Sorry to hear about the 'rear end shunt' hitting you in the back.. At least your ok..

Sometimes a time out is a good thing.. Glad you're back though and looking forward to more modding pics soon

Allan
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

Hello peeps, Im still around 10 years 5 months ago #134464

• bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
Sorry mate didnt see this before replying to your wheels. Damn! Hope everything else is OK?

Hello peeps, Im still around 10 years 5 months ago #134472

Sorry to hear about your troubles. If I haven't driven my MGF for a while I get a tappet noise on start-up on one cylinder that lasts until the oil warms-up....could be 15 minutes although it always seems longer. Think it's just a case of the 'bucket' filling and I've heard that this is quite common despite using the 'right stuff' and changing it every 6000 miles or so.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Hello peeps, Im still around 10 years 5 months ago #134475

:( by the law of averages you are due some good luck soon. :yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Hello peeps, Im still around 10 years 5 months ago #134484

:welcome: back Jack. You were MIA missed. :broon:

Hello peeps, Im still around 10 years 5 months ago #134486

as everybody has said, keep your chin up and sooner or later something will come along and... clothesline you WWE (wrestling) stylee :)
Only joking - one person can only suffer so much bad luck before it turns :)

Hello peeps, Im still around 10 years 5 months ago #134585

Well look who the cat dragged in ;)
Sorry to hear you've been having a hard time, but there's light at the end of the tunnel.

I was only sat in the TF the other night admiring the white glow from the dash (Instead of the yellow haze) and wondering where you had got to.

Welcome back Jac :beer:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT