HELP!!! - Car wont start 10 years 9 months ago #124031

• Jimuth
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
  • "So, how much is that going to cost?"
Yay!!!! :woohoo:
Congratulations!
:woo2:

Pleased that your month of frustration is over!
Ebay + Nectar = lots of MGF points

Please Log in to join the conversation.

HELP!!! - Car wont start 10 years 9 months ago #124032

:woo2:
Bet your well happy
Work to live don't live to work.

HELP!!! - Car wont start 10 years 9 months ago #124039

Sorry for that, he told me when I was there that he opened on Sundays!!!

Glad you got it sorted in the end!! :broon:

Where did you get a pump from in the end???

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)

HELP!!! - Car wont start 10 years 9 months ago #124042

:tada: :woo2:
David
:shrug:

HELP!!! - Car wont start 10 years 9 months ago #124105

What a weekend!

Firstly, apologies for not replying sooner but I felt that this saga really needed a fitting last post with a definite conclusion as to what was causing the problem.

I've just dissembled the old fuel pump in our electrical shop in work and can now state that although there is a good 12V electrical feed to the motor it's not spinning, so that looks pretty conclusive to me that the fuel pump was the reason for my non-starting issues.

Secondly, I wanted to say that we are overwhelmed with the level of support and help we have received from everyone here.

A huge thanks to every single one of you that replied, PM'ed and wished us luck throughout - it's been a rollercoaster.
Special thanks must go to a few people that have supported us from behind the scenes.

First a huge thank you to David Aiketgate for sticking with us on this - your support has been most welcome.

Bensewell - for adding a bit of your much needed unique humor into what was a stressful time for us.

HelsbyMan - I still say you need a new mechanic - but thanks for your support and help, pity you didn't come over on Saturday - would of been good to see you. Catch you again soon.

Andy the Tyre Man - thanks for your suggestions - hope to see you on a meet / run sometime soon.

GT MG Spares LTD - Thanks for the invaluable technical help.

Also, Mindy - Many, Many thanks for all your help behind the scenes - the offers of spare loan parts and support were an absolute godsend. Thank you.

It goes without saying that CJJ needs a bit of man love here, there's no way I would of felt confident enough to tackle any of what has been accomplished without his ever famous "How to's" - you sir, are a gent of the highest order.

But the biggest thanks must go to...

Mr Russell Walsh of MG Rover Solutions.

Thank you.
From the initial chat on the phone, then sending me the crank sensor in the post and for your support after I felt that I had reached the end of the line as to what I could do, You stepped up to the plate and took on the challenge.

Having you come over for the last two days, it was an absolute pleasure to meet someone who quite obviously knows exactly what he is doing.
From Saturdays trials of unsuccessfully trying to get the car to NOT start (impossible to find a fault that's not there), Reprogramming my ECU, resoldering my boot loom while waiting for the car to try again and even cleaning up my expansion header tank (your right, we should be ashamed of how disgustingly dirty it was!) - to Sunday's quick diagnosis of a faulty fuel pump after I finally managed to break the car.
Without your expertise, support and help we would definitely not be MG owners at the moment.

And lastly, thanks to roverbreakers.com for being open on a Sunday morning and staying there until I arrived to pick up the replacement pump.

After all we have been through, my confidence in the car is at an all time low so I'll still not be convinced until I've done my 20 mile test drive and let the car sit for an hour and gone back to try and start the car. I'll be trying that tonight so fingers crossed!

P.s.
We won't be going on any organized runs for quite some time now, because I owe you all a pint!
The following user(s) said Thank You: paulsmgf, Andy Lawrence

HELP!!! - Car wont start 10 years 9 months ago #124111

Great post Rich. :broon: These cars never fail to find new ways to frustrate us. :woowoo:
Well done to Russell, a true gent! :yesnod:
David
:shrug:

HELP!!! - Car wont start 10 years 9 months ago #124118

Nice one Richard

I would like to point out that i sent you a link for a petrol pump lol but thta was about 2 weeks ago :bang:

HELP!!! - Car wont start 10 years 9 months ago #124119

Ha Ha - I've been waiting for someone to say that... :slapme:

Once again, a huge thanks to you mate, you've been a great help.
:beer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: paulsmgf

HELP!!! - Car wont start 10 years 9 months ago #124137

Hi Rich very glad you found your gremlin and lots of happy motoring from now on :drive: :woohoo:
BILSTIEN DAMPERS, 4-2-1 MANIFOLD, HEAD WORK BY SABRE.

HELP!!! - Car wont start 10 years 9 months ago #124146

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX

What a weekend!

Firstly, apologies for not replying sooner but I felt that this saga really needed a fitting last post with a definite conclusion as to what was causing the problem.

I've just dissembled the old fuel pump in our electrical shop in work and can now state that although there is a good 12V electrical feed to the motor it's not spinning, so that looks pretty conclusive to me that the fuel pump was the reason for my non-starting issues.

Secondly, I wanted to say that we are overwhelmed with the level of support and help we have received from everyone here.

A huge thanks to every single one of you that replied, PM'ed and wished us luck throughout - it's been a rollercoaster.
Special thanks must go to a few people that have supported us from behind the scenes.

First a huge thank you to David Aiketgate for sticking with us on this - your support has been most welcome.

Bensewell - for adding a bit of your much needed unique humor into what was a stressful time for us.

HelsbyMan - I still say you need a new mechanic - but thanks for your support and help, pity you didn't come over on Saturday - would of been good to see you. Catch you again soon.

Andy the Tyre Man - thanks for your suggestions - hope to see you on a meet / run sometime soon.

GT MG Spares LTD - Thanks for the invaluable technical help.

Also, Mindy - Many, Many thanks for all your help behind the scenes - the offers of spare loan parts and support were an absolute godsend. Thank you.

It goes without saying that CJJ needs a bit of man love here, there's no way I would of felt confident enough to tackle any of what has been accomplished without his ever famous "How to's" - you sir, are a gent of the highest order.

But the biggest thanks must go to...

Mr Russell Walsh of MG Rover Solutions.

Thank you.
From the initial chat on the phone, then sending me the crank sensor in the post and for your support after I felt that I had reached the end of the line as to what I could do, You stepped up to the plate and took on the challenge.

Having you come over for the last two days, it was an absolute pleasure to meet someone who quite obviously knows exactly what he is doing.
From Saturdays trials of unsuccessfully trying to get the car to NOT start (impossible to find a fault that's not there), Reprogramming my ECU, resoldering my boot loom while waiting for the car to try again and even cleaning up my expansion header tank (your right, we should be ashamed of how disgustingly dirty it was!) - to Sunday's quick diagnosis of a faulty fuel pump after I finally managed to break the car.
Without your expertise, support and help we would definitely not be MG owners at the moment.

And lastly, thanks to roverbreakers.com for being open on a Sunday morning and staying there until I arrived to pick up the replacement pump.

After all we have been through, my confidence in the car is at an all time low so I'll still not be convinced until I've done my 20 mile test drive and let the car sit for an hour and gone back to try and start the car. I'll be trying that tonight so fingers crossed!

P.s.
We won't be going on any organized runs for quite some time now, because I owe you all a pint!

Thought i was reading an awards acceptance speech for a moment there :lol:
Great its all sorted though :broon:

Last edit: Post by psymon.

HELP!!! - Car wont start 10 years 9 months ago #124163

Thought i was reading an awards acceptance speech for a moment there :lol:
Great its all sorted though :broon:

Ha ha - I'm 'filling up' here!!!
:bust:

Did my 20 mile test drive about an hour or so earlier...

'Penelope' has just started first time.

:woohoo: :drive: :yesnod: :broon: :woo2:

Last edit: Post by richandpaula.
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT