Sign In   Register

Topic

The worst thing you have ever driven?? 11 years 3 weeks ago #114270

Afternoon Peeps,
Have seen a few posts, both on here and the other place, about how our little rollerskates have failed to meet peoples expectations when compared to a modern eurobox etc. So thinking about this, and my own driving history, what is the worst, most hateful thing that you have ever had the misfortune to drive? and why?

For me, my driving history has a lot of old (60 plus year) Land rovers with crash box's so i can cope with most things, however probably the worst, least inspiring thing i have ever had to drive was an early Isuzu 3 litre double cab with an auto box in it, god it was awful. Slow, noisy and it changed gear more often than the x factor changed judges, and that was on the flat or relatively shallow incline, give it a hill and it was all out of ideas and threw the towel in. just glad it wasnt mine but a company vehicle.

So peeps, share away!!
"If it all seems under control, you're just not going fast enough!" Mario Andretti

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The worst thing you have ever driven?? 11 years 3 weeks ago #114276

• Visitor
  • Visitor
we had a old 2.4 liter petrol mk2 landrover on leaf spring suspension omg it was bad.and the spare wheel on the bonnet so you could see over it.you had to turn the wheel a mile before you had to turn.
brakes did work up a point.0 to 60 in about 10 days.but show it mud or a rough road and became the best in the world.and you had to tie the passenger door shut

Last edit: Post by . Reason: spellinh

The worst thing you have ever driven?? 11 years 3 weeks ago #114278

A London cab from around 1989/1990 was the worst car I've had the misfortune to drive.

Regards,
Andy

The worst thing you have ever driven?? 11 years 3 weeks ago #114289

i was given a properly cool duty todo when i was in the raf. It only happened the once. I was carrying me and a passanger with two sa80's with mags and ammo. I was then told to drive to a differnt base. I was given a chit by the airforce telling me i could not under any circumstances be stopped by the police.

Fantastic!!!! i thought then they handed me they keys to a

1.7 non turbo diesal astra estate that could do 0-60 in a about a week, had a top speed of about 61mph at the absolute max, and it didnt even have a frikken radio. By far the worst car i have ever driven

The worst thing you have ever driven?? 11 years 3 weeks ago #114290

A Volvo 340. I had the displeasure of driving it from Wales to London and back down the M4. Could not get a comfortable driving position.
I was either too close to the windscreen and could reach the pedals or at a comfortable distance from the screen but couldn't reach the pedals. I opted for the latter with the occasional seat adjustment when necessary.

The worst thing you have ever driven?? 11 years 3 weeks ago #114294

Mmmm a a Corsa 1.1 POS I was given when my 306xsi was in having some bodywork done, horrible.
TF160 - Mike Satur 4-2-1 manifold, Sports Cat, Quad Daytona, Z and F Tuning Phase 2 Remap showing 177Bhp @ Janspeed RR day and a Big Grin :D (oh and a glass rear screen and bits of shiny stuff)

Last edit: Post by MaddAussie.

Re: The worst thing you have ever driven?? 11 years 3 weeks ago #114295

Like most people my age I've driven many rough old bangers but the car I've least liked driving ws a Land Rover Discovery Tdi. It rolled like a pig, took 2 gearchanges to get across a set of Traffic lights. I know it may have been brilliant off road but on road was atrocious. It belonged to one of my managers at Gaydon and I only borrowed it to collect 2 BMW engineers from Birmingham Airport. I was glad to get into my Skoda Favorit to go home.

The worst thing you have ever driven?? 11 years 3 weeks ago #114296

Vauxhall Astra 1.4 8 valve petrol engined piece of cack, was handed to us field service engineers as company cars in 1999 because the place we were leasing them from wasn't keen on giving us another set of 16 valve Renault Megan's for some odd reason...

Burned as much oil as it did petrol, 0 - 60 felt like forever, passenger side seals let in as much rainwater as possible meaning all expensive repair equipment had to be kept on the seats or risk a bath, brakes were pitiful and it felt cheap, not much better than the mk 1 fiesta I had as my first car.

There was a great way to improve it though, involved a lot of petrol and a lighter.

Only car I've ever come near to hating as much was the BMW 3 series of the same era.

Last edit: Post by Mal7921.

The worst thing you have ever driven?? 11 years 3 weeks ago #114309

It was a 1980's Mini 1000 Automatic. The auto box was awful, give it a bootfull and the kick down worked - well sort of but not as you'd have thought, it didn't go any faster just got noisier

Re: The worst thing you have ever driven?? 11 years 3 weeks ago #114310

I'm torn between my first car, a Talbot Alpine 1.5S or a Yugo Zastava 1.0 I bought for £50
Both absolute she-ite.

The worst thing you have ever driven?? 11 years 3 weeks ago #114311

A 1961 BUS and it did not have a " H " type gear box 3rd was were 2nd should be
BILSTIEN DAMPERS, 4-2-1 MANIFOLD, HEAD WORK BY SABRE.

The worst thing you have ever driven?? 11 years 3 weeks ago #114317

Two - equally bad: Chevrolet Caravan, cramped, underpowered and as quick as treacle on a cold day, and a Daewoo (some kind of hatchback), it was so slow and awful to drive that my memory has blocked it out. One was a hire car, the other a courtesy car.
Ain't it funny, how time slips away...?

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT