Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

confused no heater wires 11 years 5 months ago #90141

just swapped the hardtop onto the TF plugged the rear screen into the wiring then went to instal a heater switch only to find no wires or plug for it behind the switch panel ????? is this normal on a TF ???

Freestyle and TF for Sale Mk1 work in progress, well it never stops does it lol

Please Log in to join the conversation.

confused no heater wires 11 years 5 months ago #90142

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
My heated rear window on the hardtop doesn't work either. Mind you, it is hanging on the bedroom wall. :yesnod:

confused no heater wires 11 years 5 months ago #90144

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Hmm. Ours has oem glass screen, but it was my understanding that on plastic screen models the wiring was installed and all you needed was a switch and relay to make the hrw work.
The longer I'm on this forum the more it is apparent that all TF were not created equal. For example, ours has an auto central lock feature that activates at 20mph: which seems rare when talking to others.
Not an epic task to wire in the necessary for your rear screen. Fiddly though.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

confused no heater wires 11 years 5 months ago #90145

Its a heritage hood and it works fine on the F Just that i cant find the plug that goes into the actuall switch. and my car auto locks too.. I though i had accidently locked it some how.. but in saying that I cant remember it happening when Chris drove the car hmm strange because it did it tonight coming from tescos

confused no heater wires 11 years 5 months ago #90147

just swapped the hardtop onto the TF plugged the rear screen into the wiring then went to instal a heater switch only to find no wires or plug for it behind the switch panel ????? is this normal on a TF ???

There should be wiring and a plug behind the panel, needs a relay in the fuse box and a 25Amp fuse in the empty slot. David A will give you the picture of the control box (fuse box) showing where the relay goes. The TF has a different switch than the MGF :slapme: hope this helps

confused no heater wires 11 years 5 months ago #90158

Are you sure it's not tucked away behind the centre console somewhere?

What year is it? My 02 plate had the wiring, although I had to remove the whole dash panel to get at it....

confused no heater wires 11 years 5 months ago #90162

its got to be in there somewhere, please try harder
Pete Vickerstaff
MG F/TF Central - your one stop shop for MGF/TF tips, tricks, faq's, how to's and links

confused no heater wires 11 years 5 months ago #90165

Try removing the side panels (with the lights), The plug may be wrapped up in the loom, but it will certainly be there somewhere.
David
:shrug:

confused no heater wires 11 years 5 months ago #90195

Thanks guys. I will take a look.. any pics of where the relay goes and said fuse.. will have to go on the hunt.. I have a mk1 set going spare sort off if I dont put it in the freestyle

confused no heater wires 11 years 5 months ago #90269

When I took my console out to fix my clock, I found the HRW wiring clipped into one of the switch blanks.

The relay you will need, is not the same as on the F. You'll need a small style relay and a mini blade fuse.

Ask Ben about it as he recently fitted the switch and relay to his TF.

Also, no it didn't autolock when I drove it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jac114

confused no heater wires 11 years 5 months ago #90357

And Chris was spot on.. the connector was plugged into a switch blank talk about not seeing the wood for the trees lol

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT