Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

ABS vs Non ABS your thoughts please? 12 years 7 months ago #28821

Hey guys. I'd like some thoughts on this

my TF as everyone by now im sure knows is having a ground up re-build

suspension is more or less sorted (bar a few bushes i can't get poly-replacements for)

engine mounts have a big tick

my main stumbling block atm is the breaks

I'm looking at replacing all the break lines with braided hoses. I dont just mean the bit between the bulk head divider i mean ALL the lines

this is basically after getting into rallying and knowing the benefits (toughness, longevity, peddle feel and fitment)

which leads me to this

is ABS worth it?

the cost of the additional lines will be well allot but this car isnt about cutting corners but my point is this

is ABS worth the added weight? can a good driver not do the same thing (almost) as good him/herself?

discuss
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: ABS vs Non ABS your thoughts please? 12 years 7 months ago #28823

I've had mine disabled since the day I got it, its about as good as a chocolate fire guard
Youtube channel of mods an track pics

http://www.youtube.com/user/busternorris?feature=mhum

Website: http://www.roughluckracing.com/ MG Rover Mobile Repairs Nationwide and Western Europe

Re: ABS vs Non ABS your thoughts please? 12 years 7 months ago #28825

this is a conclusion i more or less came to by myself lol.... tbh i wanted to start the thread to see if anyone thinks i should keep it?

anyone know how much it weighs as well! the 115 TF comes in allot lighter than other TFs and im guessing the ABS has allot to do with it

did you re-do all the break lines mate?
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Re: ABS vs Non ABS your thoughts please? 12 years 7 months ago #28830

Personally,
for road driving, I would prefer to have ABS. It's not only the braking per se, but the ability to steer the car whilst braking to the max.
I defy anyone to do that manually.

On the track, I think you would want to save the weight.
David
:shrug:

ABS vs Non ABS your thoughts please? 12 years 7 months ago #28889

I have to admit that I made sure the TF I bought to replace my written off MG F didn't have ABS. My other car (Citroen C5) does have ABS, along with a whole other set of bells and whistles, which is great for keeping the family safe, but in that you are cocooned from the world around you as yo u drive. I bought the MG initially as a fun car, also a project car to mess around with and enjoy.

I like the fact that I have to be more aware of the driving environment, there is too much complacency on the roads due to an over reliance on technology. This has made the roads just as dangerous as they ever were in my experience, rather than making them a lot safer.

Having said that, having to be more aware didn't protect me from the Audi that hit me from behind at a roundabout, writing off my MG F, and he DID have ABS, but still failed to stop even though I was stationary.

Technology is only as good as the person operating it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re: ABS vs Non ABS your thoughts please? 12 years 7 months ago #28892

Hi welcome Mal. :) It's so true what you are say.

Pics are always good if you have any.

is ABS worth the added weight? can a good driver not do the same thing (almost) as good him/herself?

..and to answer the questions. :)

Yes and no. Categorically.

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT