Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

One for sorrow...... 13 years 6 months ago #16966

Up early for work this morning.... sun shining....spirited drive to work, ahead i saw a number of Magpies picking at some poor dead creature in the road.

One of the little devils didn't get out of the way quick enough, a shower of black and white feathers but no sound of breaking glass, as I had feared for the headlamp unit, so confident I carried on.

Got to work to see my drivers side indicator hanging out on the wires. The usual plastic clip had snapped off.

Somewhere else i have seen a fix utilising a picture hanging hook, but before I go that route, and as I like things done properly a quick question to see if anyone has a spare clear drivers/offside indicator.

I am willing to pay of course but £30 on the old 'bay seems somewhat excessive.
Older but certainly not wiser!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

One for sorrow...... 13 years 6 months ago #16967

Up early for work this morning.... sun shining....spirited drive to work, ahead i saw a number of Magpies picking at some poor dead creature in the road.

One of the little devils didn't get out of the way quick enough, a shower of black and white feathers but no sound of breaking glass, as I had feared for the headlamp unit, so confident I carried on.

Got to work to see my drivers side indicator hanging out on the wires. The usual plastic clip had snapped off.

Somewhere else i have seen a fix utilising a picture hanging hook, but before I go that route, and as I like things done properly a quick question to see if anyone has a spare clear drivers/offside indicator.

I am willing to pay of course but £30 on the old 'bay seems somewhat excessive.

Unfortunately, the clear indicators are expensive! Try contacting VVC steve(MGF Heaven) he may have one.:dunno:
David
:shrug:

One for sorrow...... 13 years 6 months ago #16969

Thanks David... I just wanted to see if anyone had a spare kicking around in a shed somewhere...

Like me, if I bought a pair to use one and keep the other as a spare, no doubt with my luck I would be left with the odd one for ages and if I needed another one it would be the wrong one i needed.

I am right? They are specifically handed aren't they?

One for sorrow...... 13 years 6 months ago #16972

Thanks David... I just wanted to see if anyone had a spare kicking around in a shed somewhere...

Like me, if I bought a pair to use one and keep the other as a spare, no doubt with my luck I would be left with the odd one for ages and if I needed another one it would be the wrong one i needed.

I am right? They are specifically handed aren't they?

I'm not sure on that, to be honest. It's a long time since I had mine off.
David

One for sorrow...... 13 years 6 months ago #16981

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
You could always try putting it back in using clear silicaset.

Did you stop to give first aid to the magpie?

One for sorrow...... 13 years 6 months ago #16993

Silicone is one way to go Clive, but with my luck I'll do that then have to take the bumper off in a few weeks!

First aid? nope, the thought of getting caught by someone else giving a Magpie the kiss of life, early on a sunday morning beggars belief.

There are some strange activities around here with some of the local wildlife, but thats not my thing!:lollol:

One for sorrow...... 13 years 6 months ago #17010

With subsequent removal in mind, I used velcro to stick them in.:dunno:
David

One for sorrow...... 13 years 6 months ago #17062

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Bath type silicon holds quite well, but is fairly easy to remove when you want too.

One for sorrow...... 13 years 6 months ago #17112

Bath type silicon holds quite well, but is fairly easy to remove when you want too.

Take it off the bath first though...:dunno:
David

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT