Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Nurburgring 13 years 9 months ago #14876

Anyone been?

Im going beginning of september!

Rather strange convoy including a 911 Turbo and a 318i

So, what should I do (if anything) to the car. Im not gonna hammer it but its gonna be over 1000 miles trip.

Ive already got APs with new discs/pads, less than 2k proxies TR1s, All HG stuff and belts done, Oil service less than 300 miles ago (but 3 months :shake:)

I've been under the car and all the hoses look good so am I good to go?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Nurburgring 13 years 9 months ago #14880

Anyone been?

So, what should I do (if anything) to the car. Im not gonna hammer it but its gonna be over 1000 miles trip.

Ive already got APs with new discs/pads, less than 2k proxies TR1s, All HG stuff and belts done, Oil service less than 300 miles ago (but 3 months :shake:)

I'd love to go with either of our cars!

Don't forget a spare expansion cap and good recovery cover, just in case.
David
:shrug:

Nurburgring 13 years 9 months ago #14883

That sounds like awesome fun, hope you have a good time :yesnod:

Nurburgring 13 years 9 months ago #14885

Anyone been?

I imagine when you say Nurburgring you mean the old Nordschlief circuit and not the new South circuit? Yes I have been there many times over the last 40 years both racing and for pleasure, and will be ther again in a couple of weeks time. Over the years I have done close on 1600 laps of the circuit so I guees you could say i know it well. Its very tough on suspension and brakes so both need to be perfect. It will also take about six months life off your tyres. The Nordschlief is now mainly categorised as public road and your car will need to comply with TUV regulations and if obviously modified might have to pass assesment by TUV examiners (tougher then an MOT) You need to make sure that your insurance will cover you, lots have not checked and found out that when they bent there car they had no cover. also you are liable for recovery and emergency service fees if involved in a shunt. Main thing is make saure you read the regulations for the track and obey the overtaking procedure, and watch your mirrors, there will be cars moving much faster then you and you are resposible to get off the racing line and give way. Dont over estimate your car, or your own capabilties and drive within your limits, because it is an unforgiving place and will bite if you dont show it respect.
Sermon over now just enjoy it. Let me know your lap times when you get back.
Chris

Nurburgring 9 years 10 months ago #145039

I want to do this next year. :coffee:

Nurburgring 9 years 10 months ago #145042

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
I had a ride in the RingTaxi years ago. Epic, but lucky that the passenger seat was washable... :yesnod:

Based on experience of friends who have lapped the circuit, maybe take some spanners
and new set of pads for after. If particularly spirited, maybe some new tyres as well!

They reported that the wear rates of both was unbelievable......

Have a great time.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Last edit: Post by John and Sue.

Nurburgring 9 years 10 months ago #145045

I've done enough research to have a good idea of the pitfalls and planning required ... and I reckon a years notice of intent is as good a place to start as any.

.... anyone else interested? :pop:

Nurburgring 9 years 10 months ago #145048

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
Would be nice to go round but wouldn't go all that way just for that, would have to incorporate it into a larger tour.

Nurburgring 9 years 10 months ago #145051

True. :yesnod:

I wonder how the track conditions are in Oktober ..... :beer:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT